Sunday, September 16, 2007

Bike Fever

Jason LOVES his new bike. He tries to ride it at least a few times a week, and rides an average of 30 miles per ride. He has been trying to convince me that it could be my new hobby as well, so we borrowed his sisters road bike and went on a short 7 mile ride (after he rode 40 miles earlier in the day with Jared). I liked it, it was fun. I hit speeds up to 23 mph (Jason has gone over 44 mph). So we did that yesterday. Last night we went to the Scera theater and saw their production of High School Musical. It was really cute, I wish my little sister Letty could have gone with us. Other than that there is nothing new with either of us, we're just plugging away at school. Although I will say, we found out we are going to PA for thanksgiving (that is where my Mom's whole family lives) and we CANNOT wait. We are so excited to see the family!! Another exciting side note is that Jason's sister Jenny is getting married next weekend to the guy we set her up with, Jeff. We are really excited for them. I love weddings!!

P.S. You will notice that Jason has switched to spandex, something he swore wouldn't happen, I know many of you have been waiting to see the rock hard gluts of my man, well wait no longer!! Now he is just waiting for a Honey Stinger bike jersey from his Dad. Oh and you will see that I wore spandex too! They are padded and my little bum cannot handle those uncomfortable seats with no padding.
Jason and Jared back from their morning ride
Jason as happy as a clam be with his bike
Jason and I after our ride (yes I realize I have no upper lip in this picture)
Me at the HSM play (yes I realize I look like a chunk in this picture, but in my defense we had just stuffed ourselves with Thai curry, Pad Thai and sticky rice with mango...it was worth it)
The cast, it really looked like the movie

7 comments:

Lori said...

Hey, I have a 40-60% discount to Nike, so if there is any workout or biking gear you guys would like to get, let me know. Sam has really liked the cycling stuff he's bought from Nike.

Stacie said...

Wow. That's all I can say about Jason's spandex. It looks Niiiccceee, if you know what I mean! If only I could find such a man....

The Evers said...

I actually love that top picture of jason and jared! They look like professionals! Your weekend looks like a lot of fun! We need to video chat soon, I am curious about how the ward is and how school is going and stuff! Have a great Monday! Love you!

Lance and Becky said...

Ginny, you say you look like a chunk one more time, I'm going to smack you! I know where you live! I love the pictures though, I need to get bike riding, and we have bikes! Call us, we would love to go with you!

Zane and Lexi said...

so since zane has been commuting to work in SLC he has become quite obsessed with his new road bike as well!! he wants to ride with jason sometime - he was in "awe" over his awesome new bike....I on the other hand....do not bike these days

Ginny Lubin Butler said...

Those are serious bikes! Good for you guys. Our mountain bikes have been in the shed for the last year. :( Somehow biking while pregnant or with a newborn didn't seem smart. Also, nice shorts!!

bren said...

That's a pretty long drive to Pennsylvania so I'm guessing you're flying right? Are you going to CA too? We haven't decided our Holiday plans yet but since we're going down in a few weeks then we can't really go down for Thanksgiving AND Christmas. :(