Friday, July 27, 2007

Busy Life

Jason and I had a fun weekend before I left to live in Lincoln for the week. On Saturday we headed up Ashley's baby shower in SF. Dan and Jason went over to a friend of Dan's and played the Wii. Ashley's shower was so fun, she has really great friends there in SF, and they threw her a very nice shower. That night Jason and I headed over to Napa Valley and drove around, we shopped a little and stayed the night in the area. On Sunday we went to Windsor to watch part of the Vineman triathalon. It was a half Ironman (Swim 1.2 miles, Bike 56 miles, Run 13.1 miles). Jason really wants to do one so he wanted to see what they are like. It was really cool, I was filled with the same excitement I felt when Jason was finishing his marathon. I totally support Jason in his goal, but unfortunatley I have no desire to join in the fun. We headed back to Newcastle Sunday afternoon and had dinner with Jason's parents, it was a nice evening. Jason hitched a ride with a co-worker back to Cupertino on Monday morning and I started working for my Dad. I worked there all week and now we are back together for the weekend. While I was home we saw Hairspray (which I loved and highly recommend, we bought the soundtrack on the way home), celebrated my Dad's 49th birthday and got together with friends and family. It was nice to have things to do, but I missed being with Jason. Jason had to do a presentation on what he has accomplished while interning at Apple. The presentation was with the CIO of Apple, and it went very well. They like him a lot, which doesn't suprise me at all. Tomorrow we are going to Great America and then on Sunday we are heading back to Sacramento to see a friends baby blessing (Spring's baby for those who know her). I will try to take some pictures. Then next week we are heading to Monterey to meet up with our good friends Jeff, Kelly and Elle, and probably Dan and Ashley. We are very excited to see them and spend some time together.

Ash and I at her baby shower
Ashley, Dan, Me, and Jason
Me, Ashley, and Liz (who did a great job throwing the shower!!!)
Jason and I at the triathalon
These are the lovely girls I have been working with all week, my sister Letty, and my cousins Michelle and Alicia
Chris and Lys being silly
Dad on his birthday
Brendi and I
Evelyn, Stacie, Brendi, and me
Chris, Lys, Mary, Ev, Stac, Brendi, me at Chili's

Chris and Mary
One of our family pictures from last weekend.

5 comments:

The Evers said...

4 more days YEAH!!!!! Are you so happy to be by Alyssa? I bet they are so glad you are home! Ashley's shower looked really cute! I wish i could have gone with you! Love you!

Lance and Becky said...

It looks like you guys are having so much fun! We miss you, and let us know when you guys are back in town, we'll have you guys over for dinner!

bren said...

The green shirt you're wearing at the baby shower is really cute!

In the pic of you & Jason at the triathlon, for a second I thought Jason's arm was your shoulder so it looks like you have really hairy shoulders! ;)

Megan said...

you know what would have made those dinner pix better?....me. im so sad that i missed that wonderful bonding time with you ladies :( im glad you all had a fun time! i hope you poured one out for your homie that was MIA...

Carpfam said...

Hey you guys this is Liz Carpenter, I just wanted to say it was so much fun to meet you at Ashley's shower. We hope we get to hang out with you guys next time you get together with Dan and Ashley!