Saturday, July 21, 2007

The Car That Never Quits

I was a little hesitant to use that title for this post, as I am a little superstitious and feel that saying that will only temp the car gods to make my car break forever, but it is true. My car, Roxie, is a trooper. I bought her almost six years ago, for a VERY reasonable price, and she has driven us to and from CA numerous times and all over Utah with hardly any problems. Yesterday was a big day for her. She hit 200,000 miles. And you know she looks great for her age (Jason takes great care of her), to see how great, (Jason is making me do this), check out our Website and go to the 'Our Cars' section to see all the things Jason has done to her. Anyway I just wanted to give a little shout out to my car, hopefully she can give us one more good year before we have to replace her with something a little bigger.
Roxie in all her glory
We had to pull over to take these pictures


The proud owners

***Just a quick update. After spending a week with nothing but a Jazzercise class to do during the day, we have decided that I will go to Roseville (close to where my family is) and work for my Dad on a temporary project that he has. I need to DO something, I'm going crazy. It will stink since I will have to live up there during the week and come down here on weekends (it is only 2 1/2 hours) but it will only be for 2-4 weeks. And this way I can make some $$$. We have some fun weekends coming up, so be sure to check back for updates.

3 comments:

Stacie said...

Well, not to rain on your parade, but my truck had way over 200,000 miles. But, I guess she's no longer in service, so I'd like to personally congratulate Roxie on her hard work and dedication. I have had the pleasure of being her passenger many a time over these past years. So, here's to another 200,000 miles!!!!

Lance and Becky said...

WOW, I can't believe the Honda has 200,000 miles on it...crazy! I'm so glad you are finally in California together! You have to call us when you get back so we can have you guys over for dinner! We love you!

Megan said...

congratulations rox! thats a pretty big deal. maybe your owners will buy you some sweet hub caps for the accomplishment.