Monday, August 01, 2011

Cousin in Town

My mom is from Pennsylvania, and almost every summer we would go back there and visit our family.  We LOVED it.  Seriously, our most fond childhood memories are at my Grandma Bea's house in PA with our cousins.  A couple weekends ago my cousin Leah (who is closest in age to both me and my sister) came to CA with her boyfriend Eric and they were nice enough to stop by and spend a day with us.  My sister and her kids came down and Jason's sister Jenny and our cute nephew Ezra were in town from Utah, so we had a nice big group.  Saturday morning Chrissy and I made brunch (crepes, blueberry scones, fruit salad).  We ate outside and let the kids play in the sprinkler. We just hung out and looked at pictures while kids napped.  In the afternoon we headed to downtown Campbell, got ice cream and walked around.  There is a park close by so we took the kids and let them play.  That evening we got a babysitter and Chrissy, Leah, Eric, Jason and I went to Santana Row for dinner at Straits.  It was delicious and so fun to hang out with Leah and Eric without the kids.  You have no idea how many wonderful memories we have with Leah.  We love her so much and now we love Eric too!  We are so glad they came to visit and hope they will come back soon.

The kids enjoying ice cream, the adults enjoying watching them.

Me and my sweet boy.

Cousins!  I should find an old picture of us to put up with this, haha.

Of course, we must do an ugly face.

Lys and Leah LOVE Justin Bieber.

Ollie hanging out at the park.

The kids hanging out.  I have this same picture of them all in the bathtub, but it was not suitable for the blog :)

Dinner at Straits, so good.


2 comments:

Jillian said...

That's so fun that your cousin came to visit. I remember those summers when you guys went to PA and how we missed you dearly:) You always look so cute Gin, I love your outfits!

Stacie said...

Sorry, I guess Jill was logged in my computer :)