Monday, July 18, 2011

July Camping

Over the weekend we headed up to the Santa Cruz mountains for a little camping trip with Paul, Amy and Clara, plus Michelle and Eric.  We tried a new county park (Sanborn) and it was really nice.  It is only about 20 minutes from our house so that was nice too.  We spent two nights because I think camping is WAY too much work for just one night.  We kept it simple by bringing up take out on Friday and then when Michelle and Eric came up on Saturday they brought pizza, so we didn't have to cook dinner, it was so nice and convenient.  The whole weekend was just so fun.

Paul and Ollie sitting on a rock having a drink (Ollie doing his stinky face). "Mommy you like my happy face. My like my stinky face."

After the kids went to bed (which was kind of a challenge with Max) we got to hang out.  I pretty much hate this picture but taking it was so funny I decided to post it anyway. 

Saturday morning Paul and Amy made a delicious pancake breakfast, with sausage and eggs and tons of fruit, it was so good.

Ollie loved his pancakes, look at that full mouth.

Look at this cute little family.  Clara even turned to the camera.

We had all these rocks around our campsite and Ollie had a lot of fun crawling all over them. Another goofy face for the camera.

Oh Max.  This kid just loves dirt.  And rocks.  I feel like I spent all weekend fishing rocks, twigs, and dirt out of his mouth.

Pretty much anytime someone picked up Max it was like this, holding him far from their body because he was always SO dirty.
Even his biggest fan Michelle kept him at a distance :)

Isn't Jason the cutest dad with his boys??  Seriously!  On Saturday we went on a hike in the morning and a nature walk in the afternoon.  (Btw Max was asleep). 

I tried to direct Max to sticks instead of rocks (less of a choking hazard).

I just love this little baby.  

Jason packing up the tent on Sunday.

Our campground was a little way up the road from where we parked so they provided carts to bring our stuff from our cars to the campsite.  Here is Michelle and Eric posing with our kids.  I think I have mentioned it before, but I will say it again, Ollie LOVES his uncle Eric! He is a totally different kid around him because he is always SO excited.  Eric is so great with him.  It is really sweet.

The whole group before we headed home on Sunday.  We had such a great time.  We can't wait to explore a few more  campgrounds in the area before we move. Did I just say that?  More on that to come...

4 comments:

Paul W. Nash said...

We had a blast. Thanks for posting my favorite photo...

Shelley Brown said...

So are you moving back to Utah???

Eric and Michelle said...

That was SUCH a great trip! I love the pictures... we all looked fairly decent considering my lack or make-up and the scarce showers!

Troop 220 said...

Camping is such a fun family outing. We go every year for our vacation. I'm with you camping for one night is not in my vocabulary, in fact I say 5 nights or I'm out. I have just too much to pack for a family of 7 do go for just a weekend. :) We will be going to Big Basin for a whole week on the 1st of August. I'm hoping for some cooler weather than here. Your babies are soooo cute.