Friday, August 12, 2011

Making the most of summer

I feel like I say this all the time, but I love summer.  I especially love the summers here because the temperatures are so mild.  Where we grew up in Sacramento it is SO hot, and that is just how summer is.  It is downright miserable up there sometimes, but here, perfection every day.  I think that is a big reason why so many people live here.  Anyway, we have been getting out a lot this summer, enjoying our last summer in the bay area.  I still need to talk about our move, and I will, I just want to wait until we know a little more.  A couple weeks ago my friend Brittany (who also happens to watch my kids on the days I work) was kind enough to take us to Gilroy Gardens with her friends and family pass.  It was a beautiful day and the park wasn't too busy.  I loved all the green trees and plants, it is definitely called Gilroy GARDENS for a reason.

Brittany and her boys on the train.
Ollie and Levi holding hands, it was so cute.
Ollie loving the train.
Me and my boys.
On this ride holding babies on your lap was not allowed, Max didn't mind.  He is such a big boy now!
We ended the day with an ice cream cone, and naps for all the kids (except Max, little stinker) on the way home .  It was a great day!

We love our friends the Burtons and ever since we moved here we have been talking about them coming and visiting (Jason and Jared grew up together).  A couple weeks ago they were in CA visiting Jared's family and took a day to come visit us.  That morning Jason and Jared went on a bike ride.  I know Jason really wishes Jared lived closer so they could ride together more often.  When they got back we all headed to Santa Cruz.  We ate at the Surf Riders Cafe (where I ate with my mom and aunts a couple of months ago).  Then we headed to Steamers Lane to check out the surf museum and watch the surfers that were out.  After that we headed to Natural Bridges beach and let the kids play and play.  It was so fun and Ollie and Jamison really took a liking to each other, especially at the end of the day.  We were all sad to see them go and hope we will see them again soon (and meet the sweet baby girl).

All of us (minus a sleeping Max) at Steamers Lane.

Ollie with one of the surfers in the background.

The Burton family.

Me and my goofball Ollie.
The boys playing at the beach.

How cute is Jamison?  Such a cute kid.

Family pic at Natural Bridges.

We discovered that the boys had matching PJ bottoms.  They were having tons of fun on our spare bed.  I can't believe we caught them both smiling.

Yay!!  We love jumping!

Mid air.

Relaxing a little.
Almost every night we take a walk (or two) around the block so Ollie can ride his bike.  Max enjoys the walks too.  This is what I see when I look down from pushing the stroller.  Cute little legs just relaxing.
Last Saturday we finally hiked the Stanford dish.  It is a big satellite dish built in the 60's to search for extra terrestrial life.  There is a nice, steep, paved path up to it.  We went with our friends Liesl and Ryan and their girls, who just moved to Palo Alto.   It was a good walk, we had a lot of fun and we are so excited to hang out with the Probascos more!!
We made it!  All of us and the dish.








1 comment:

The Burtons said...

Thanks for the pictures! You really got some good ones. Can't wait to see you guys again!