Saturday, October 02, 2010

Week of Fun

Well it is Saturday night at the end of our week of fun with daddy home for paternity leave.  We had a great week and while I am so sad to see Jason go back to work, I am anxious to see how I do with the two kids on my own.  Not going to lie, I'm a little nervous.  Two kids (especially one who needs to be fed every 2-3 hours) make for very busy days.  I feel like I run and run and still nothing gets done.  So if you have called or emailed or texted me and I haven't gotten back to you, I'm sorry, I will be better soon!!  Here are some of the fun things we did this week.

We have this place called "The Jungle" near our house.  It is the perfect place to take Ollie to get his wiggles out.  We took him there on Tuesday.
Thursday we went to Happy Hallow with our friends.  Here is Ollie with his two best friends Alexander and Jason.


I just love this picture of Max.  

Here he is totally conked out.  And look at those little leg rolls, I have been working hard to get some fat on him after he lost nearly a pound  within a couple days of his birth.  But I am happy to announce that the Dr gave me 3 days to get his weight up and I did, by 6 oz (babies usually gain about an ounce a day at this point).  Then at his 2 week appt (they usually like them to have gained their birth weight back by 2 weeks) he was 8 lbs 9 1/2 oz, up from his birth weight of 8 lbs 2 oz.  Ollie and I had some obstacles to overcome with breastfeeding so I am happy that it is going so much better with Max.  
While we were at Costco this week Jason saw tickets for the Salinas Airshow.  We thought it might be fun for Ollie so we decided to head down on Friday.  We spent the day at the Gilroy outlets, then spent the night in Gilroy and headed to the airshow Saturday afternoon.  It was so fun, we all loved it.  Some of the tricks they can do were so amazing, and we got to see the Blue Angels perform at the end which was definitely the highlight.

Brothers hanging out together in our hotel.  Apparently Max is tired of having his picture taken, so don't mind his finger...haha.

All three of my sweet boys.

India-Golf Niner-Niner is buddy-spiked! Abort-abort, there are children aboard this airplane!
(we have seen "The Incredibles" way too many times).

Sometimes it was pretty loud.  We did make Ollie wear earplugs during the Blue Angels performance and I just held Max really close to me and covered his ears.  Only time will tell if we did permanent damage :)

Flying a helicopter.

We took this picture for my friend Russ who is a retired Coast Guard helicopter pilot...how cool is that?!

The day isn't complete without a family picture. 

2 comments:

Paul W. Nash said...

Sounds like a lot of fun. I've always wanted to see the Blue Angels. I love Maxwell's attitude towards the camera in his photo on the bed :)

Natalie G. said...

I saw the Blue Angels while I was pregnant with Julia. They put on a good show. It does get really loud though.