Sunday, September 26, 2010

Family of Four

We have spent the last week hanging out and trying to get use to be being a family of four.  Jason has been a HUGE help, I honestly don't know what I'm going to do when he goes back to work.  Two kids (one being a two year old) is busy.  I know we will get into a routine and it will be fine.  Max is the sweetest little thing ever.  I know it is hard to tell a baby's personality in the first couple of weeks but I hope he stays as chill as he has been so far.  Ollie loves his little brother and loves giving him kisses and saying things like "Calm down Maxwell" or "It's ok Max", when Max is sad.  He is so sweet.  I feel great, pretty much all the way recovered.  We have had lots of visitors and people helping us out with meals and what not.  We are so lucky to have such great friends and family.  Thanks everyone!

Getting ready to leave the hospital.  Cute little bum.

Jason was going crazy by Friday night so we asked to be discharged as early as possible Saturday morning.  We were very happy to go home.

Brothers meeting again for the first time at home.

Max and Grandma Jan.

My parents with our two guys.  

First family walk with the double stroller.

What a little snuggle muffin!!

Ollie loves kissing Max, but they have to be supervised kisses since even though he tries to be gentle, just being two makes him kind of dangerous :)

Our friends Paul and Amy bought Ollie the coolest tool set, just like his dad's.  He loves it.

Seriously I can't get enough!!

Wide awake.  When he is awake he is very alert.

Cute little finger in the mouth.

Jason's two sisters and his mom came down this weekend, it was fun to hang out.  It was pretty busy with a two year old, a six month old and a newborn.  Here is Max with Auntie Michelle.

Cousins, from littlest to biggest.

This is a common site at our house these days, me feeding the baby and trying to get some snuggle time in with Ollie.  Sometimes I feel sad like I spend so much time with the baby I worry he will feel left out, but he hasn't seemed to mind.



10 comments:

Megan said...

Your boys are so darling!! Max is definitely a little dreamer. I love, love the picture of him alert, and with his finger in his mouth. So great that you're already recovered! Definitely one of the blessings of a natural delivery.

Lori said...

I'm glad things are going so well! Yeah, i HATE staying at the hospital after labor. Get me outta there!

He is SUCH a stinkin' cutie, i triple puffy heart him. I hope things continue to go really well for you. We're 2 months tomorrow here and it started off easy and now it's only getting even better.

Letty said...

I hate not being able to hold Max!!! He is so so so cute! I want him to be the same size when I see him at Thanksgiving... Give him and Ollie a kiss from their Aunt Letty.

Jana said...

yay! 2 handsome boys... congrats!

Stacie said...

Max is sooo cute. I love his cute eyes and his head full of hair! It is so precious seeing Ollie giving him kisses too.

t.t.turner said...

What a cute family! Congratulations! I love his hair - so adorable. You look great, too!

The Evers said...

The two pics of Max in his boppy look so much like Ollie to me! Which look so much like Jas to me:) Cant wait to see him and get our boys together! Lets plan a beach trip! Love ya!

Derek and Emily said...

He is adorable! Congrats!

Callie said...

Congrats! He is so cute...he looks just like Ollie! :)

bren said...

He is so cute. I love newborns. And have to say, he looks just like Jason!!