Friday, April 16, 2010

Family Time


While my sister was here, we tried to spend as much time with her as possible and we had lots of fun doing so. Last weekend we came home on Sunday night because I work on Mondays. Tuesday and Wednesday were days for Ollie and I to do laundry, catch up with friends and repack to go home on Thursday. We left Thursday morning and met my family at the Sacramento Zoo. I was excited to take Ollie, and he really liked it. He just ran around from animal to animal. The Sac Zoo is way lamer than I remember it being which was sad for me. Oh well. Friday was pretty much the most relaxing day I have had for a while. Chrissy had lots of wedding stuff to do so I met up with my sister Letty for some shopping and lunch while my mom took Ollie and Alyssa to the park. Shopping without a time limit or a toddler is pure bliss!!! I always feel like I am so rushed, but that day we just took our time. Jason came in on the train Friday night. Saturday Jason did a 100 mile bike ride with a friend, and then that evening we attended the wedding reception of a friend I grew up with (the wedding Chrissy was maid of honor in), unfortunately I didn't take any pics. Sunday we went to church, took some family pics (while it poured rain), and had a big dinner with family and friends. On Monday I drove home with Letty, Mom, Chrissy, Letty, Nathan and Ollie. Jason stayed in Newcastle to work with his Dad in the bees Mon-Wed (we are trying to decide if bees are in our future). I took Monday off to hang out with the girls. It was really fun. Tuesday Chrissy, Lys and Nathan flew home to NC :( It was so fun having them here and now I miss them so much. Now for some pics.

Ollie and I with the Snow Leopard exhibit. All you Mac users should understand the significance of this picture :)

Ollie and I with a giraffe.

Our mascot in high school was the fighting Zebra, so here are the 3 LHS alumni with the Zebras.

Ollie and Lys giving high fives.

Ollie loved playing in this water spicket.

Letty and I.

The whole gang, minus Mom taking the pic.

Me and my little buddy.

Cousins.

Ollie loved playing with his Grandma Miller. From the second he woke up every morning he was searching and yelling "Gamma". They went on a few nature walks where they saw bees and a butterfly. Over the next few days Ollie kept wandering over the bush with the butterfly searching for it but it never was there, it was pretty devastating.

Lys and Ollie playing in his kitchen.

Ollie woke up from a nap my Mom put him down for after only 45 mins and all he wanted was Grandma, so we found her and he laid down with her for another hour, he is such a cuddle bug.

And of course there was a ton of trying to get Nathan to smile going on.

No comments: