Monday, July 06, 2009

4th of July

We had a great 4th of July with my family. My sister and niece were in town from North Carolina, so Ollie and I went up to L-town on Wednesday morning. Jason took the train and joined us Thursday evening. I have missed my sister and niece a lot, so it was great to have them back, we just wish Dave could have come out as well. Wednesday we went to lunch at a Lincoln staple, Los Gallos. That afternoon we visited our friend Ty who was in the hospital. There we played a couple intense baseball games. It was a lot of fun (see below). That night we ate at Old Town Pizza and played games. Thursday morning, Chrissy, Mom, Lys, Ollie and I went on a walk. Then we had lunch, took naps, and played in the kiddie pool. It was a lot of fun. Friday we did a little shopping (Down East Outfitters made it to our mall), had lunch at Fresh Choice (another family favorite), then came home so the guys could work on some projects around the house (Jason's favorite thing to do). The forth was spent watching Lincoln's annual parade, followed by a BBQ at my aunt and uncles house, followed by keeping Ollie up way past his bedtime for his first firework show (you'll see his reaction below). Sunday was my beautiful mothers 51st birthday, yes she is in her 50's. I love her, she is the best, EVER. Then we started the drive home, but stopped to see my cousin and her husband bless their adorable new baby. It was such a wonderful weekend. Isn't family the best? And how about our country, aren't we so lucky to live in a country with so many freedoms? As you have probably noticed, I feel extremely blessed.


Chrissy plowed me over on her way to 3rd base during our baseball game, I'm pretty sure she was out.

The fam at OTP (minus Dave and Jason)

Alyssa is a BIG help with Ollie, here she is feeding him breakfast.

Ollie took his first carousel ride with Papa at the mall, he was a big fan.

Ollie being patriotic on the way to the parade

Eating watermelon that he found on the ground, we are such good parents :)

Oh man I love nakey baby bums, and chunky leg rolls!!

Stacie, Ollie, Chrissy, me and Jason at the fireworks in Lincoln.

Happy parents, tired baby.

Watching the show, kind of. Ollie would only look when a bunch went off at once, but he would quickly bury his head into me. He wasn't a fan of the fireworks.

I LOVED the cuddles I was getting, he hardly ever gives me hugs like the ones he was giving me during the show.

Cousins taking a bath together.

Ollie playing in the kiddie pool. Have I told you all how much he loves wooden spoons? He LOVES them. He will play with one all day and just drag it around the house with him...so funny!

Wow these are out of order, oh well. Alyssa loves pushing Ollie in his stroller.

Getting some shut eye before the parade.

Chrissy and Lys watching the parade.

Ollie playing in yet another kiddie pool, this kid loves water.

Ollie and Papa watching the parade.

My cute Grandparents with all five of the great-grandkids, including little Carter, only 2 weeks old.

Speaking of Carter, here he is with his proud parents on the day of his blessing. He is such a sweet little thing, and the Lee's are the cutest little family.

Self timer gone wrong. Here is the whole group at Carter's blessing, that is my Dad with his head cut off and my Mom behind him. You get the gist of it.

6 comments:

Eric and Michelle said...

Haha! Watermelon off the ground!? I love it! And his bum is so cute w/ those chunky legs! I love your shirt at the fireworks show! You're so stylish... you are going to be one of those "hot moms" boys drool over!

bren said...

Good looking fam! I haven't seen your cousins in so long, they're so pretty. Did you see my fam at the fireworks show? Probably not since there are like a million people that go to McBean. I love going there on the 4th. That's fun that you got to see Chrissy and Alyssa. How exciting that you'll have another niece or nephew too!

Amy Marie Gessel said...

Ollie is getting so big. What a cutie!!! Love your blog.

Jessica Martiele said...

A) Baby butts ROCK. I'd let both my kids run around naked all the time if I could.

B) Magoo stuck a sucker in her mouth a few weeks back...that she found stuck to the bottom of a table. Who knows how long it was there, or who had it in their mouth first? Watermelon from the ground is actually doin' pretty good! :)

Happy late 4th!

Megan said...

Ollies little bottom is darling. Thats awesome that he loves the water! And yes, Los Gallos is the best place ever. I think you could divide Lincoln by who likes what Mexican place...the Delie, or Los Gallos.

jeff and jen said...

1st off- I love Ollie. He is so cute. I want him to come hangout with me. Also those Lee's had better not be your favorite Lee's. Lastly I think Ollie misses me.