Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Ups and Downs

Well this last week has been quite the roller coaster. Last night we were watching the news before bed and they reported that there was a fire in one of the buildings at Apple's headquarters. I thought wow that is crazy but likely not my building (Apple has over 20 buildings in Cupertino). Then they said that the fire was related to an air conditioner upgrade and I recalled getting an email the day before talking about an A/C upgrade in our building. Then they showed live footage from a news chopper and I suddenly realized that it was my building bellowing flames into the sky. So basically my building at Apple burned down last night (I told you it has been a crazy week). Unfortunately, my laptop, iPod, running shoes, and cycling clothes were inside the building, I understand they may be salvageable, but I'm not holding my breath. So I am now off work until further notice, and at least the timing was good.  My uncle mentioned that if I had wanted to spend more time with Gin in the hospital I could have just asked for more time off, rather than burn down my work building, he thought it was a little extreme.
Now onto the good news, tonight Gin was released from the ICU and allowed to return to the ante-partum unit. Her health is back to normal and if all goes well she may be released this Saturday, plus Ollie and I can now stay with her at the hospital during the night.
And now for the final "good news moment." Gin got her dental board results today and she passed her clinical boards, now she just needs to apply for a California dental hygiene license and she can start working a day or two each week.

18 comments:

Lori said...

Well that is good news for sure about ginny on all accounts. Congrats for passing the boards and I'm SO happy to hear she's recovering and stable.

As for your apple story, it totally made me laugh in an "i pity you" type of way. That's way too much drama to happen to a husband in a week- but at least you can spend more time with your new baby boy and wife now.

Sam said...

Congratulations on both counts, Ginny! (Boards, and a downgrade from the ICU).

Russ Harris said...

When it rains...it pours!!! Ipods, computers and shoes can always be replaced...so glad to hear Ginny is doing better...hang in there, even the darkest clouds can't hold back the sunshine forever...

~Ashley Dawn Photography~ said...

CONGRATS GIN!! That is exciting! (for both the dental and the regaining health)

Wow... burning building. HA HA That happened to me in middle school. Our School got a new AC and then all of a sudden smoke was coming in through the vents, and we were all rushed to the football feild. And we saw our school burn. HA HA Kinda odd. But HEY!

However that stinks about your laptop and cycle stuff. HOWEVER Insurance is a wonderful thing :)

Taryn said...

That IS the craziest week! Seriously, ICU and a fire? I'm so happy to hear the good news about Ginny's health and passing your exam. Keep the updates coming.

bren said...

That's a relief to hear that Gin's back getting better. What a week! Keep us updated on everything.

and congrats Gin, on passing your exams!

ashley marie said...

I think that all sounds like great news! I would assume Apple would have no problem getting you a new laptop and ipod... although there might have been some irreplaceable stuff on it. So actually, that is a bummer about your stuff going down in the fire. But I'm really glad to hear that Gin is doing better and I bet she is excited that she gets to have you and Ollie around more.

Chris said...

I guess the iOven feature isn't quite ready yet. Its good to hear that Ginny is doing better.

The Good Life said...

Wow...when it rains it pours! Sorry that your building burned down. Honestly, I'm glad that all the drama is happening to a guy that takes everything in stride. Sean would have probably had a nervous breakdown if he were in your shoes. More important, it's great to hear that Ginny is getting better. I am sure that hearing about her boards cheered her up some. thanks for the update. Hope the hospital beds aren't too bad. Hang in there

Megan said...

jeeze jason...you didnt have to go all 'office space' on your work! ha. im so glad to hear that gin is doing better! i bet she cant wait to be home and put this all behind her. im sure she loves having you and oliver with her through the nights now. and a big congratulations to gin for passing! a job well done, indeed.

Russell Fisher said...

We are still thinking and praying about you. Let us know How everything with Ginny goes. As for the laptop and iPod, if you just knew someone at Apple...

Stacie said...

Wow. Maybe one day in the future, you guys will be able to laugh about how all these crazy things happened in such a short period of time. I am so happy that Gin is getting better. And that she passed her boards, although that was probably the last thing on her mind right now :)

Tammy said...

I am so glad to hear that Gin is doing better. I will keep you guys in my prayers and thoughts. And sorry to hear about all your stuff Jason. Oh, but congrats on Gin's passing her boards. I bet she can think about that once she gets out of the hospital!

Erin said...

Glad to hear that you are getting better Ginny! Congrats on passing boards...Isn't it the greatest feeling!

kaysi van dyke fox said...

holy crazy week!!! wow, i thought planning a wedding was stressful!! ha. im SOO happy ginny is doing better!!! tell her congrats for me on passing the boards!! sorry to hear about your office being burnt down, but hey maybe they'll give you another laptop and ipod?!? :)

Osborne Family said...

Yay.. Congrats Ginny! I am so sorry that you had to have that horrible thing happen to you. Pluse your hubbys building, at least you can spend more time together right...

Nicole said...

Yay for Ginny passing boards and getting out of the hospital!!! And the fire, wow. What a week for you guys! Good luck with everything!!!

Hannah said...

I'm glad everything has turned out alright. How scary. We'll definately keep you guys in our prayers.
By the way, Oliver is adorable! Congratulations! I love the name too!