Thursday, August 07, 2008

1 Week Old

So today (well tonight) Ollie is one week old.  I can't believe it.  The days fly by and the nights drag on.  But we are figuring it all out and we just love the little guy so much.  He is a REALLY mellow, well-behaved little baby who rarely cries (he is like his daddy).  He had his second appt with the pediatrician to see if he gained weight and sure enough he did.  On Monday he was 6 lbs 5 oz (down 10 oz from his birth weight), on Wednesday he was 6 lbs 11 oz, so he gained 6 oz.  I was so relieved.  Although I cheated a little, we have been feeding on both sides, then feeding him what I pump in between feedings (1/2-1 oz) and if he still seemed hungry I would give him some formula.  So that could be the reason for the weight gain.  The first time I gave him an ounce of formula he gobbled it down, which made me feel like a horrible mother who had been starving her child.  But I think I have more milk now so we are supplementing a lot less.  I really don't mind supplementing as long as he is healthy.  He is just such a joy, we could stare at him forever.  He is so strong, he can already hold his head up (for short periods of time) and he still loves kicking his legs straight out.  He makes the funniest faces and I swear sometimes he smiles at me, on purpose ( I know it is probably gas or whatever but I like to tell myself that he knows me).  Here are some newer pictures.

Thanks for not starving me anymore mom!
Getting burped by dad
Isn't this precious, we love to pull him in bed with us in the morning
What a sweet little bundle, I love his little bum and how it is always sticking out
Changing his diaper last night his legs were straight out, it is seriously so funny.  Oh and last night we gave him another bath and he still did not like it, he was so upset he started peeing everywhere, it was so funny, Jason had to block it with his hand.

15 comments:

Dan and Ashley said...

Those are soo cute!! He is precious. I love the one of him and jason cuddling in bed. That is the best. I love family cuddles in the moring!!!

katherine said...

He really is SO cute. And I love the name. There seriously is nothing like a brand new baby. I still don't have my site and Paypal stuff up and running but I'm totally willing to just give you the announcement template--you being my first customer and all :). Aaaand that Ollie is so darn cute! Do you have Photoshop? Just shoot me an e-mail, katherineevelyn@gmail.com.

Lori said...

Oh yeah, addie's first bath was a nightmare, she screamed more then than when she was born. She loves them now though, and that's what really counts, right?
He is way cute, thanks for updating with new pics! I hope things continue to go well.

~Ashley Dawn Photography~ said...

OH CUTE!!
I SAY WAY TO GO WITH THE CHEATING!! :)
No Harm in that! :)

He is such a little cutie! :)

HA HA I love it how soft and cuddly guys can all of a sudden become. Very cute!

The Evers said...

I just showed my mom all of the pics of Olli and she think he looks like you. Funny, I guess maybe one of these days we will be able to tell who he looks like! I am glad things are going good at home! He is so darling!

Tammy said...

He is still cute and getting cuter! That pee story is hilar by the way. I am so happy for your little family! :-)

bren said...

I loved seeing thESE pictures. He is so cute! Newborns are so fun. And that's good that he's so mellow. People always warned be about baby boys going to the bathroom everywhere once you take their diaper off, but I can say that Deacon's never gone anywhere but his diaper, it's weird! :) Keep the pictures coming. I'm disappointed we couldn't see him but we were in Santa Cruz celebrating our anniversary the day you just went in to the hospital.

Tia said...

He is so cute! Makes me want mine here now. I love the straight leg picture, when I saw one in your slide show I thought: "That was probably really comfortable for Ginny in the womb!" Keep the pictures coming, we can't get enough!

Marie said...

Congratulations! He is so beautiful!

Megan said...

aw...he is SO darling!!! and all that hair...i love it. i cant really tell who he looks like. but there will be plenty of time for that. very cute!!!

Jessica Martiele said...

Okay, these photos are fabulous! I kept thinking, "oh, that's my favorite," and then I'd scroll to the next one and go "no, that's my favorite!" You two do good work! (Okay, so it was mostly Ginny doing the work, but...you know.) Good luck with the feeding, but it sounds like you're sooooo figuring it out! Congrats again, you three!

Lance and Becky said...

Oh, he is so little and sooo cute! What a little doll! Enjoy this time, it's so much fun!

Derek and Emily said...

He is so adorable! The time flys by so fast, but at the same time it'll feel like he has always been with you and you can't remember what life was like without him! I hope you're doing well, you seem to be doing great!

Shelton and Bethany said...

I TOTALLY know what you mean about feeling like you are starving your baby. That thought seriously consumed me for the first month or so, and caused me a GREAT deal of stress. I also supplemented a little in the first week, but stopped after that when my supply became a little more ample. Feel free to call me and I can commiserate with you if you'd like, cause for me, that was the hardest part of having a new baby. It's easy to feel inadequate when you are a baby's sole food source. Mia is five months now, and I still worry about her more than I probably should, but it is WAY better, and I'm really glad that I stuck with nursing.

On a happier note, he's a cutie! Good luck with everything!

Annelise said...

Ginny he is so dang cute, good going. He's a good mix between you two too!! Wow, I can't believe I'm really going to have a REAL baby. My fav. pic is the one where they just handed him to you and your face looks like, "What the heck!!" That is what I'm going to be like! Anyways CONGRATS we're so happy for you guys. Hope he still cont. to be a good baby!!!
-Annelise