Sunday, August 24, 2008

Our Little Monster

Sorry for the lack of recent posts, life has been a little crazy. I just wanted to thank everyone for their kind words and prayers during the difficult times of these past weeks. We are so lucky to have so many amazing people in our lives. I want to especially thank our families for coming to help with Ollie while I was out of commission. Things have been great since I got home from the hospital, I'm feeling much better, and look forward to my Dr. appt in a couple of weeks, hopefully they tell me everything is better, and I can go back to my normal life. We have really be enjoying time with our sweet little boy.  We have hardly had a chance to just enjoy the three of us, and now we are enjoying getting to know Ollie better. We have continued to add new photos of Oliver on our website, they can be seen here (note that there are three pages worth of pics): Ollie Pics Below are some of our favorites.

What a cute monster...thanks for the towel Lori!


What are you guys doing to me?  He is enjoying bath time much more these days!

Just knowing his paci is there is enough :)

Look at that belly, I think he had just eaten

All cuddled up after bath time

Hanging out with Great Grandpa Wursten

Being squirmy for cousin Alyssa

We have no love for Luvs.  We mistakenly bought some Luv brand diapers and have had two blow outs of this caliber.  For those who aren't parents these are some of the things you have to look forward to!

Look at that sweet little face


Pulling Dad's chest hair


One of my best friends Stacie came and visited us on Saturday, Ollie had a few issues that day but it was still fun and we love hanging out with Stac, she is the best.




11 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Gin!
I saw your mom at Kaysi's bridal shower! I am so glad that you're doing better...I just have to say that Picture of Little Oliver's diaper situation totally shows me what I get to look forward too! LOL...now I know NEVER to buy Luvs!!!

Lori said...

Oh he is too cute! He's totally sporting that monster towel with pride. I am so glad you're back to normal life these days so we get to see more pics!!!

Alicia said...

Ollie looks SOOOO much like you Ginny! We love the Huggies brand and we have yet to have a blowout. Bonus: You can buy them in bulk at Costco!

nathan said...

he is so cute! so cute. i can see both Jason and You in him. I'm glad you are feeling better, you look great!

ashley marie said...

he is starting to look more like a mix of both of you guys as he gets older. I can't believe he's almost a month old already! Those blow outs are always awful. I agree that Huggies are the best (I've tried costco off-brand, target, walmart, luvs, pampers, etc). Although I think the best diapers are the Huggies supreme brand (gentle care and then natural fit) are the best. But I just get the reg Huggies from costco so I don't have to buy diapers all the time.

t.t.turner said...

So cute - he looks so much like you, Ginny! Congratulations again - hope you guys are enjoying Cali!
T&T Turner

Tammy said...

Excuse me, who is the best?! Jk. I am glad she got to go visit with you...you're lucky, she is such a sweet girl. :) I really got a kick out of that picture with his belly sticking out -- Gin, that reminds me of when you used to always stick your stomach out and "act" like you were prego. And the one with him all wrapped up in the blankie is so cute. I am glad you are home and feeling better. Keep us updated!

bren said...

I agree that Oliver looks a ton like you, Gin. He's cute, especially in the big belly shot. It's crazy how they can get so big right after eating. p.s. I'm a pampers fan. I won't buy anything but them.

Kristen S said...

That's so weird... Luvs were my favorite brand! We always had blowouts and leakage with Huggies, so I hated that kind. Must be the difference between boys and girls? Glad to see you're doing better. Your Ollie is such a sweetie!! Love the pics of him all snuggly after a bath...they smell so good then!

darcie said...

he is so dang handsome. i want to cuddle him and rub his fuzzy little head. you guys did good! gin, i'm terrified about what you've been through but hope it was just a crazy phase that's past! Ollie needs his mama.

Megan said...

aw yes...blowouts...they are such a treat. we only buy diapers from our business, and have great luck with them. i love the picture of oliver in that big bear blanket. very cute!