Sunday, June 01, 2008

Moab

***Warning this post is really long, so we can remember everything we did, feel free to skip down to the pictures if long isn't your thing**

Continuing with our theme of trying to do things we've never done before we leave, this weekend we headed down to Moab with Jared and Shannon. I had clinic Friday morning so we weren't able to leave until around 12:30, and we had to come back Saturday night, so Jared could be back for a baby blessing on Sunday. I thought it would almost not be worth it to go down, but I was so wrong. We had a blast. We got there and checked into our cabin. Shannon and I are both pregnant and therefore we needed a bathroom close by, so tent camping was out of the question. This cabin was sooooooo cute. It had a queen bed, bunk beds, a bathroom and a little mini kitchen area with a small fridge and microwave. It was so tiny but suited our needs perfectly since you pretty much just sleep there. We hiked most of Poison Spider trail that evening, then went to the store and got stuff for dinner, breakfast, and lunch. We BBQ'd that night since our cabin had a little grill. The next morning we got up and headed to Arches National Park. We hiked to Delicate Arch which is the one on the UT license plates and probably the most famous arch of the park. It was a relatively short 3 mile hike, but it was warm, I am 8 months pregnant, and there were some rather steep areas. After that we stopped at the visitors center to watch a movie on how the arches came to be...it is amazing. Then we went to a park, made sandwiches and snoozed under a shady tree. Then we walked around the cute downtown. After that we drove to Potato Salad hill, which is a four-wheeling area. For those who don't know this, back in High School Jason and Jared were very into 4-wheeling. They both owned Scouts and loved working on them and taking them out "wheeling", breaking them and working on them some more. Jason still has his Scout in CA but poor scout needs a new transmission:-( Anyway, no one was out rock crawling so we found this river with a cool swimming area. It was so refreshing, since by that time it was pretty hot. I didn't have my bathing suit on so I swam in my sports bra and shorts, with my big ol' belly hanging out, not the most attractive thing you have ever seen (therefore no pictures) but there was no way I was not swimming in that water. I think baby was pretty mad at me at first because the water was cold and he was going crazy, but I think he has forgiven me. After that we ate at a yummy all you can eat pizza/salad bar/soup place that really hit the spot, and then we headed home. Although it was short it was an awesome trip and I really hope we make it back again someday because there is so much more to explore!!
This is pretty much the entire inside of our cabin, the door behind Jason is the bathroom, it was perfect!!
Jason and Jared in the "kitchen"
Ready for our hike
We will count this as my 32 week picture (I will be 32 weeks on Tuesday, this was taken Friday), this is on our hike


All of us on our evening hike
Jared and Shannon chillin on the bunk bed
Saturday morning leaving the cabin
All of us with delicate arch, I had a better close up one that this guy took but he told me to suck in my stomach (as a joke, I hope) and I apparently I thought that was REALLY funny so in the picture I am laughing with my mouth wide open and I look like a horse so this is what you get!
Look how little Jason and I are compared to the arch (it is the first time I have felt little in months)
Jason and Jared in our swimming hole
Shannon cooling off

8 comments:

Zane and Lexi said...

bummer! we almost went to moab this weekend...but we're going next friday. you finally look pregnant ginny - and you are darling, I love your hiking shirt! glad you guys are getting to do lots of fun stuff before you move!

Tammy said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun and are SUPER busy too! I am always envious of how much you and Jason do. I know I can too, but you guys actually DO it all! You are my hero...jk! But really...you look cute in all your pics. Can't wait to see little baby boy Miller!

Megan said...

what a neat trip! i love all the little adventures that you guys take. fun stuff! its crazy to see you two compared to the arches...it really gives you an idea of just how big they are!

The Evers said...

I am so glad you posted these so fast! These are great pics and I see what you mean about the little cabin! How cute though! You are the cutest pregnant thing, I love it! I am glad you had fun!

Osborne Family said...

Looked like fun hiking and being prego..By the way arn't you suppost to gain weight when your about to have a baby? You still look so dang cute!

Lance and Becky said...

What a cute little cabin, it's so not how I imagined it! It's so little and cozy, I love it! What a fun trip, and it was soo nice to see you guys! Love you!

Callie said...

Ginny, your belly looks adorable! I hope I look like you when I'm pregnant! Hope all is well!

t.t.turner said...

Awesome trip! I'm glad you hit up our favorite pizza place - that's an absolute necessity if you're going to Moab. You are super-woman! I think when I'm 8 months pregnant I'll be like, "Um, I can only sit on the couch and watch romantic comedies."