Sunday, June 08, 2008

Friends

This last week we have spent trying to see friends before we head out of Provo.  Monday night we got together with Sam, Lori and Adelaide for Pizza and delicious strawberry cheesecake.  Addie was adorable and it was good to get some tips from new parents, since that will be us soon.

Later in the week we had a BBQ with some friends, the Freemans, the Robertsons and the Dunns.  We have known the Robertsons almost since the beginning of our time in Provo, and they are moving the same weekend as us.  They have the cutest little boys and we will miss them. 

 Friday I met up with my friend Megan.  We are both due the same week so we basically talked babies the entire time, but it was so fun to see her one last time, and to know that someone else is going through the same things I am.  Friday night Jason and I tried out a new place called Sammy's.  We had heard good reviews and we were not disappointed.  Our burger, fries and smoothie were all delicious.  

Saturday was Jason's much anticipated century ride.  Some weather issues required a later start then they had planned, but overall he really enjoyed it and hasn't been too sore since.  While he was gone I got to hang out with my fun sister in laws.  Jenny is so nice and signed us up for "A Night in Bangkok", a cooking class given at Harmon's grocery store.  It was so fun, I loved it.  We learned how to make four Thai dishes and the best part was we got to eat them all, it was great.  Saturday night we got together with some of my friends from school and their husbands.  I will sure miss these girls, we have had a long two years together and so it was fun to get together one last time (outside of school).   

Then Sunday was our last day in the singles ward.  We were both surprisingly really sad.   We were in an awesome ward and really grew to like the kids (especially Jason since he got to spend more time getting to know them).  We were so lucky to have the opportunity to work with them and we will always remember our time in that ward.  Finally Sunday night we got together with some friends from our married ward.  We love the Zirkers and the Richs.  We have been so lucky in our time here to meet couples that we have so much in common with.  We have made so many amazing friends in Provo and we plan to keep in touch (whether they want to or not).  One week exactly until we fly out, and we are both so excited for everything to come.


Lori, Addie and I


Me, Amber, Sydney, Brett, Katie, Nate and Tanner

Jason manning the grill
Braden and Tanner, aren't they the cutest little guys!!
Megan and I 
Yummy Sammy's burger
Sammy's cool sign
If you get a chance to go to Sammy's the Hawaiian smoothie was delish!
Jenny, Michelle and I cooking away
Jen trying to master flipping a piece of toast
Jason after his ride (note the crazy helmet hair), if you look close his computer says 101.5 miles
He is so strong (ok so the bike only weighs 17 pounds, he still looks strong)
Shelley, Annelise, Me, Jeff, Greg and Jason
Josh, Lindsey, Travis, Kelly, Jason and I

6 comments:

Lori said...

Alright, i'm really excited for you guys and all, but i'm also way bummed that you're leaving. Between working together and then being in the same ward, jason's been a staple friend since i got home from my mission. Sam and I are so glad we got to know you both and we'll totally miss you.

Megan said...

its so neat that you guys are making sure to share time with your friends before you go. i, however, cannot wait for you guys to be so close! its about time...utah has had you for long enough! its time for some califonia lovin' ;)

Megan said...

I am also really sad that you guys are leaving. I totally can't wait to hear how the rest of your pregnancy and new baby stuff all plays out. Good luck and you totally know I will be going through it right along with you!!!!

The Evers said...

Oh Gin I think this is bringing back flashbacks of when we moved because I am so sad! Why the heck am I sad??? Good luck with everything this week and we will see you in Ca soon!

bren said...

Its hard to believe that your time is up in Utah. But it does seem like you've been there for a while too. :) I bet this last week is kinda sappy huh? Good luck with the move & hope to see you sometime this summer when/if we make a trip down there...which I'm sure we will.

Tammy said...

I am happy you two got to spend some time with your good friends before you leave. I bet it is bitter sweet to be leaving, or maybe just sweet, who knows right?! Well, I will miss you guys being relatively close to us and jealous you are moving closer to family that we will be for awhile. When Brendi leaves, I truly will be all alone with nobody I am close to forever. Anyway...good luck moving and I will probably see you in July when I go home to Cali! Love ya~!