Monday, June 18, 2007

Trip To California

So this past weekend I went to visit Jason in Santa Clara. It was such a nice weekend. I got in late Thursday night, and my family was nice enough to come down Thursday and pick me up from the airport, and then spend the day with me on Friday since Jason had to work. Friday morning the girls did some shopping. Then later that afternoon we met Jason at Apple and went to the Apple store and then had lunch at Caffe Macs (I know Cafe is spelt wrong, but that is how they spell it). It was delicious!! My family left Friday evening so Jason and I just relaxed. Saturday we were going to San Francisco so Jason rented a car, when he went to the San Jose airport to pick it up they couldn't find his reservation. Come to find out he had rented it for San Jose, Costa Rica. He was able to get another car, so we headed to SF. Our friends Dan and Ashley were going to go to Alacatraz with us but weren't able to (check out their blog to see why), so we were able to call our friends Scott and Amanda and they went to Alacatraz with us. It was really fun. Jason and Amanda had never been so I'm glad they were able to go. After that we met up with Dan and Ashley and Dan and Jason made a delicious dinner and apple crisp. It was great to see them. Sunday we just hung out, went to church, stopped by a neighbors BBQ and drove to Los Gatos and just walked around. It is a really cute town. It was a relaxing day. I flew out at 6am Monday so I had to get up at 4am so I am exhausted, but it was so nice to get to see Jason and spend time with him. The next time I see him will be when I move out there. YEAH!!!

My sisters, Alyssa and I
All of us at Caffe Macs
Jason and I on Alcatraz
Locked up
Jason and I on Alcatraz facing the beautiful city
Jason and I, Scott and Amanda
"The Rock"
Jason and Dan enjoying dinner
Jason and I, happy to be together again
Dan, Ashley, Jason and I
Ashley and I
Jason and I in Los Gatos

4 comments:

The Evers said...

Those are great pictures! I can tell you had a fun time! I have always wanted to go to Alcatraz! I love the pics of your cute family too! It is weird to leave you a comment when I talk to you like 10 times a day :) I am like what do I write that we have not already talked about! I am glad you had a fun time and are now re-energized for a couple more weeks without Jas! Love you!

Zane and Lexi said...

looks like so much fun! i'm glad you get to see jason every once and awhile!

The Hills... said...

How fun! I love San Fransisco! Alcatraz is so cool. How much longer do you and Jason have to be apart! Hang in there!

Ginny Lubin Butler said...

Ginny! I miss you guys! You two are so awesome. Thanks for finding my blog- I'm new at this stuff. It was fun to see all the links to friends in the old ward. I have to say, I am jealous that you all get to hang out together. I want to visit you guys if I get out to Provo this fall; my little brother is starting at the Y and I want to take him out there. Also, was the Alcatraz tour like on So I Married An Axe Murderer?