Friday, September 06, 2013

North Dakota to California

Before we left North Dakota, the sweet women in the Jamestown branch threw me a baby shower.  It was seriously so nice of them, and I really appreciated it.  They did such a good job.  I love the Jamestown branch and miss our friends while we are gone.  I didn't get many pictures, but here is what I did get.

Cute fruit salad.

Diaper cake.

The only semi-decent picture of myself.  


Chrissy and Lisa threw the shower.  Thank you so much ladies!


The day before we left North Dakota, we went to Gackle park one last time.  While I was sitting on the bench I hear a little kitty somewhere.  I couldn't find it anywhere.  When my friend Sam got there she said that earlier there had been a cat in the tree.  The cats owners tried to get it down without luck.  They just figured it would come down on its own.  I looked up in the tree and noticed that the poor kitty had a leash on and it was wrapped around the branch (no one she couldn't get down).  I was worried she would fall off the branch and hang there and traumatize our children.  Sam's husband works with the electrician in town so he when and got the bucket truck and became everyone's hero by saving the little kitty from the tree. 


Then he caught a frog for the kids, they were pretty excited.

We are going to miss Sam and her kids!  They boys love playing with Courtney and Emma and I love holding sweet little Mason.  

I'm so glad Sam lives in Gackle.  She has made my time there each summer so much more fun.  

We left Tuesday morning.  I had cried the whole week leading up to our departure so I didn't shed too many tears that day, but it was sad.  I knew it was going to be close to a month before we were reunited with Jason.  I really dislike that part of this job, but hopefully this will be the last year (I'm pretty sure I said that last year).

Max doing a little light reading on the drive.

Jan drove with me from Gackle to Blackfoot.  On Tuesday night we stopped in Billings, MT.  We got there nice and early so the kids were able to swim at the cool pool they had.  We went to Denny's for dinner (the kids love it) and stopped at a park to ride bikes for awhile.  

The boys love staying in hotels.  Especially hotels with two beds that they can jump in between.  They made themselves a little bed to play in.  

From Billings we drove to Blackfoot.  It was so nice having Jan to drive with me.  It made those two days SO much easier.  I am grateful for her help.  We spent our first night in Blackfoot at Grammy and Grandaddy's house and then the next night at Grandpa Horrock's house.  I wish I would have taken some pictures.  Friday morning we left Blackfoot and headed to Boise where we stayed with Michelle, Eric and Taylor for a few days.  It was so fun to see them and their new house.  

I took this picture of the boys sleeping.  So funny.

Taylor was pretty entertained by the boys.  While we were there Ollie's bike got a flat tire so we found a bike shop and got it fixed up.  I really miss Jason when things like that happen, he always takes care of those things.

My boys LOVE uncle Eric.  Saturday we went swimming at a community swimming pool.  The boys had the best time.  It was the warmest weather we had experienced all summer, so it was nice to go swimming.  I was grateful for Eric playing with my kids so much, since I can only catch them jumping to me for so long before I get tired.  He never seems to run out of energy.  Saturday evening we had dinner at Eric's parents house.  They welcomed us so warmly, it was really nice of them.

Sunday we went to church.  Look how stinking adorable Taylor is.  Blond curls and blue eyes, she is a knockout.  We headed back to Eric's parents for dinner that night since his sister who live in Wyoming was in town.  

Another picture of my boys sleeping.  

We left early Monday morning to start the 8 hour drive home.  I downloaded a book (Edenbrooke) to listen to on the way.  The boys did so awesome.  They are becoming pretty awesome travelers (thanks to their DVD players).  The book made the drive not so bad for me.  We stopped in Winnemucca and the boys played for awhile in the McDonalds play place, then we finished up the drive.  It was SO nice to get home.  I fall in love with my house over again every time I come home to it after a summer away.  Within 30 minutes or so of getting home the doorbell rang and these beautiful flowers were delivered.  I seriously have the best husband.  He knew I was having a hard time and missed him so much.  My kids couldn't understand why I was crying over the pretty flowers :)


I had an EXTREMELY hard time without Jason this time (being 8 months pregnant could have had something to do with it).  Luckily, Jason came back about a week earlier than expected and I had so many friends take care of me.  Last year when I was home for the month by myself I felt very alone and forgotten about.  This time could not have been more different.  I had people staying with me or visiting me almost everyday.  I am so thankful to have such wonderful friends and family.




No comments: