Monday, September 30, 2013

Maxwell's 3rd Birthday


We celebrated our sweet little Maxwell's birthday on September 15th (one day before his actual birthday).  His birthday fell on a Monday so it was easier to do it Sunday so we could get together with family.  I can not believe my baby is 3.  He is such a fun, imaginative, and happy kid, I just can not get enough of him.  We love our Maxwell.

We started the day off with pancakes shaped like a 3.   Max loved it and so did Ollie, he wanted a 3 also.  



Max is my child in that he loves chocolate.  He wanted a chocolate cake.  We made it together and then he helped decorate it with sprinkles.  He was pretty excited about it.


After church we had my parents, Jason's parents and Jack, Ashely and Owen over for dinner.  I did a taco bar because it was quick and easy to prepare.  


After dinner, Max opened his presents.  


He got a cool police car from Diya and Papa.  He is obsessed with being a police officer and getting bad guys. 


Opening his Thomas card from Papa John.


He got a huge dump truck from Grandma and Papa Miller.



I wanted to get Max a sandbox for his birthday, but we just couldn't find any that we loved.  Jason decided that he would build one.  I had to really get on him to buy the stuff and work on it so it would be done by Sunday.  He did a great job.  The boys helped him work on it a lot during the week, Jason just told them it was something for the bees and they were none the wiser.  We wanted one with a lid so we could close it to prevent cats from getting in.  Jason made it so the lid folds into little benches for them to sit on while they play.

Everyone watching the big reveal.




 Ollie and Max were big fans right away.  


 Max was pretty happy about his sandbox.  


Interview with Max.  Age 3

Favorite TV Show: The Backyardigans

Favorite food: Macaroni and cheese, oranges

Favorite thing about preschool: Playing outside, blowing bubbles

If you could change your name:  Doe Doe

Favorite Colors: green, black

Favorite toy: Trains, fire engine, police car

Favorite Movie: Tom and Jerry

Favorite Song: Choose the right, Apples and Bananas, The Wheels on the Bus

Favorite Book: Green Eggs and Ham, Chester the Crab

Food You Dislike:  Pie

Best Friend: Ollie (his exact words were "I like Ollie", makes me so happy to hear that).

Favorite Things To Do:  Play with toys, be a race car, go to Wacky Tacky





2 comments:

bren said...

Dang, I love your sand box! So cool. I look forward to future posts now that Hadley is here!

The White Family said...

How did I not see this blog post? I love it. Are the kids still loving their sandbox?