Sunday, September 15, 2013

Home Sweet Home

It is so good to be home.  It is even better now that Jason is home also.  It has been crazy busy around here.  Having a kid in school and soccer makes life a lot busier.  Here is what we have been up to.

Oliver started Transitional Kindergarten.  He is old enough to start Kindergarden, but he would have been really young in his class, and since he is so little we decided to put him in T-K this year. This way when he starts kindergarten next year, he will be six and will have hopefully grown a little or will be closer to the same size as his classmates.  He loved school at the beginning, and still does, but his enthusiasm is waning a bit.  It is everyday from 9:10 to 2:10, so pretty long.  I can watch him on the playground from my back porch and I love being able to walk him to and from school.


He wouldn't take a picture with his teacher on the first day without me.  This is his teacher Mrs. Gallo.  She is pretty awesome and a lot of fun.


Max got a "new" pair of shoes from the consignment store.  He wore holes in his last pair of shoes within one month!  He thinks these are pretty cool.



Stacie was such a trooper and came and stayed with me twice while Jason was gone.  She had never been to the Newcastle Cheese Shop, so I had to take her.  Britt is just the cutest little guy, I love when they come over.


The other day I was looking for the TV remotes, when I asked Max he told me that he had hid them, I asked why and he said it was so I couldn't turn off his movie.  Tricky little guy.


The boys love to help me bake, but they don't love the noise the Kitchen-Aid makes.


A few weeks ago the boys were in the playroom and making a lot of noise.  When I checked they had made a "fortress" with all of their toys.  It is a playroom, so whatever floats their boat.  It was really fun to clean up a few days later :/


Max and I made a trip to IKEA.  He played at the play area for kids while I shopped, and then we had lunch.  He was pleased as punch about the kid size sink in the bathroom.  I think he washed his hands 3 times.


My baby started preschool!  He only goes two days a week for 3 hours.  He has watched his brother go to this school for the last two years, so he was ready.  He loves it and I love hearing about his day and seeing all his "projects".  He also gets to take a lunch which I know makes him feel pretty grown up.




Oliver started soccer.  So far he loves practice and is undecided about games.  He is the littlest guy on his team and really just doesn't get the game yet.  He gets so tired because he chases the ball the whole time and when he gets to it, he doesn't do anything.  We need to work with him.  It is still so cute to see him in his little uniform and with his teammates.  I just keep reminding myself that he is only 5 and has always been taught not to take things from others and now we are yelling at him to take the ball away from the other team.  Haha.  That has to be confusing.  


Little #2.

He got to play goalie for a little bit at his last game.  I think he saved one goal and let one goal in.  

Last weekend was the Gold Country Fair at the fairgrounds right by our house.  We gathered our parents, as well as the Rahlf family and headed over on Friday evening.  I craved a corn dog all day and was not disappointed.  The only disappointing part was when I spilled mustard all down myself.  I did this within the first 10 minutes of being there, so needless to say I felt pretty cool the rest of the afternoon.



This cow really liked my dad and was licking all up and over his arm.  It was pretty disgusting.






The bounce houses were a huge hit with the boys.  Ollie has come a long way, he use to not enter a bounce house unless he could have it completely to himself (and really how often does that happen).  They would have stayed there all night if we let them.  Ollie asked to go back to the fair multiple times over the weekend.

 Here I am at 36 weeks pregnant with baby girl.  I can't believe that she could be here any day.  I'm so ready.  I can't wait to meet her (and be able to bend over again).

We took this ghetto TV/VCR unit that was in our master bathroom and moved it to the playroom.  It is so awesome.  The kids don't care that the screen is tiny and the quality shoddy.  We had some friends over the other night and the kids watched a movie upstairs while the adults watched one downstairs.  It was perfect.

I got this 1,000 piece puzzle at a yard sale for free.  It goes along with the Firetruck theme in the boys bathroom, so after I finished I glued it together and framed it.  It looks really good.


Ollie was not happy with me on picture day because I picked out his shirt and did his hair.  I don't care what he thinks, I think he looks handsome.


 Ollie really wanted to help me while I was working on the big puzzle, but it was just a little too much for him.  The other day I got a 300 piece Carmen San Diego puzzle at a yard sale and we worked on it together for a few days.  Here the boys are sitting on top of the completed puzzle.  Whenever Ollie would find a piece that fit on his own he would say "I am getting really smart".  I hope he always loves playing games and doing puzzles with his mom.  




1 comment:

bren said...

I was totally craving a corndog last week too! (Not pregnant though:) mmmm. Btw I love your puzzle...turned out great. I think I'll have to go find one for us to do. I've never really been into them but I bet they're fun for kids. I can't believe you're due any day now. So exciting. Keep us in the loop and when you're good with company again!