Tuesday, May 01, 2012

This and That

As I mentioned before, our friends Paul, Amy, and Clara came to visit us last weekend.  We always have so much fun with the Nash family and we miss them so much!  While they were here they went in the bees, we visited the Sacramento temple, went to the Folsom zoo, ate at our new favorite pizza place and played games.  It was so fun.  Here are some pictures I stole from Paul and Amy.


This is my favorite.  So sweet, father and son.





I finished decorating my big, huge empty wall.  I am pleased with it.  I really suck at decorating and so I am just relieved to have it done.  I may make a few tweaks here and there but for the most part I like it.




We found a place in downtown Newcastle that we like to take the kids to for their haircuts.  This was Max's first haircut done by someone other than me.  I just had her trim around his neck and ears because I love his long hair.

 Jason found out that there is a model airplane club in Auburn and they meet on Thursday mornings.  So one morning before preschool I took the boys to watch.  They loved it and one guy even brought his plane over and showed us how it all works. 

I never get a picture of all of us. 

 That same day, my little sister Letty got back from BYU-Jerusalem so Max and I (Ollie was at preschool) headed to the airport with my mom to greet her.  I even edited Max's shirt to make it more appropriate.  We missed Letty and are so happy to have her home.

If you follow me on Instagram you have already seen all these pics, my apologies.  On Saturday Jason and I went on a hike put on by the Placer Land Trust.  It was fun to enjoy the beautiful day and scenery.

 That night, since my dad was out of town, I was my moms date to see Oklahoma with their empty nester FHE group.  I love Oklahoma so it was really fun.


 One thing I love about having a house is that we can host big groups for dinner.  Sunday night we had my family (plus Jason's dad) over for dinner.  Afterwards we went on a nice walk around the neighborhood.  It was such a nice evening.


 **I just wanted to mention that my friend Kelly asked me to guest post on her and her friend Caroline's cooking blog twolittlechefs.blogspot.com and it is up today.  Check it out, try the recipe and let me know how you like it.  They have tons of delicious recipes, I have followed them for a while now and salivate over every recipe they post.  






3 comments:

bren said...

You are GOOD at decorating, I don't know what youre talking about. That picture arrangement looks awesome! I'm really horrible with picture arranging. Your house is looking great. I bet it's so nice to have a formal dining room with a great big table in there for guests.

Your hike sounds so fun. I wish I knew of more kid-friendly places in the area, where I don't have to drive 30 minutes to get there. Plus, I'm really leery of ticks and poison oak right now. Hidden Falls is a great place to go but we come back with poison oak every time, so it's not worth it. Let me know if you hear of any cool places around!

Lori said...

<3 ! I totally love the father/son bee-men pic! Too too sweet.

The Burtons said...

You guys have so much fun! Wish we were close by so we could join you! Love your wall, I can't wait to some day see your house=)