Friday, February 10, 2012

The Zoo

Before I go into our trip to the zoo, I have to write about our disastrous trip down to the bay area.  Jason thought it would be fun for us to join him down there for his last week of work, and I agreed.  I had a huge list of people I wanted to visit.  Monday morning we hit up our favorite (and very ghetto) donut shop, drove by our old place, dropped Jason off at work and headed to my friend Brittany's house.  I left the boys and went to a Drs appt and then came back and hung out for awhile.  That afternoon we spent at our friends the Smiths (who were so kind and let us stay in their guest house).  That evening I stopped by my friend Marissa's and then we met Paul, Amy and Clara for dinner.  After that I dropped all my boys off and headed back to the Nash's to watch the bachelor.  In the middle of the night I had a sore throat but didn't think much of it.  I woke up the next morning with chills, and a fever.  I headed to another Drs appt (had a little bit of a scare, but everything is fine).  I left my kids with my friends Carolyn and Claire for craft day.  I picked them up and we headed back for what I hoped would be naps for all.  Not so much, I laid in bed and shook and shivered while my kids did not nap.  I suffered through the afternoon and then my friend Jen watched the boys so I could nap.  I felt better that evening and we ordered in sushi and watched Psych.  I thought for sure I was better, but the next morning I woke up worse.  I couldn't get out of bed.  This was Jason's last day of work at Apple.  He was able to go in late since he worked until 10:30pm the night before, but he ended up taking the boys back to Brittany's and she watched them all day while I stayed in bed.  It was horrible.  That night Jen had the girls (and their husbands) from our dinner club over for dinner.  I sat and tried to be sociable but I don't think I was successful.  We headed home Thrusday morning.  It took me at least 3 more days to completely recover.  Needless to say I will not skip my flu shot next year.  So instead of sharing pictures of my visits with friends I have one picture that we took on Monday with Brittany and her boys.  It was such a sad week.  I had such high hopes.  

Me and Brittany with our boys.
 This week my sisters and I took our boys to the Sacramento zoo.  Our weather has been so amazing for February I just want to be outside everyday.  

Flamingos are seriously so cool.

The boys looking at the ant eaters.  They were pretty cool too.

Always on the run.

We also loved the giraffes.

Ashley and Owen.

My dad was in Sacramento for some meetings and had a break so he met us there.  

Chrissy was really fond of the monkeys.

Victor Glen and Maxwell Glen.

On a totally unrelated note, Max is learning to feed himself.  He loves to do it and I love him to try, especially cause he sits there entertained for a long time.  But it is always quite a mess to clean up.
So Jason's time at Apple is officially over.  He LOVED Apple.  Now he is officially a beekeeper.  It is fun to hear all the things they are doing with the bees.  It is such an interesting life.  He got stung three times his first day and his wrist swelled up to like 3 times its normal size.  He hasn't been stung since.  I will try to write about our beekeeping adventures.

3 comments:

Alicia said...

Wait? Are you pregnant again? (Referring to the reference in your post "Had a bit of a scare, but everything's okay.")

Miller Family said...

No definitely not pregnant. I had a lump in my breast, and had to have a bunch of tests done.

Darwin + Kiara said...

Sorry to hear about your yucky week, Ginny. No fun! Hope you guys are doing well. We may definitely have to take a trip out there for Darwin to see Jason's awesome job. He's thinking about buying 2 more hives this year (making 3 total) and he'd love to come see the business. Hope all is going well for you guys!