Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Nathan's 2nd Birthday/Rough Week

Last weekend we had my nephew Nathan's early 2nd birthday celebration at our house.  My sister and her family are moving back to North Carolina this week (I can't even start thinking about it), so we decided to have his bash before they left.  It was nice for the Whites to get to spend time with the family before they leave.  
My cousins adorable little girl Claira.  She can stand if she is propped up against the wall.

Owen already has an interest in technology, I couldn't keep him away from my laptop.

Carter isn't a fan of me (if you can't tell by his face), but he loves Maggie.

Chrissy, Ashley and Grant, Chris and Jason all mingling. 

Matt and Jack were involved in a riveting conversation all night.

Alicia, Steph and mom.

Dad, Nathan (the birthday boy) and Robert being anti-social.

Barbara and Chrissy.
 I added rough week into the title of this post because it has been a rough first week of work for Jason.  It is a very busy time for the bees.  Jason was stung 3 times in the wrist on his first day and it was swollen so big.  He traveled to Chico for a couple days last week to take care of the 600 or so hives that are there pollenating the almond orchards.  Then he got sick, and has stayed sick for a week or so.  But work must go on.  Then he got stung right below his eye.  Then he was too sick to take me to our ward Valentines day dance (so I went with my in-laws, no need for me to miss the party).  Yesterday he picked up his bee suit and it had one bee in it and it stung him in the finger...haha, poor guy.  Hopefully the stinging will decrease when he gets his fancy bee suit.  It is ordered, but they are made in England so it takes awhile to get here.  In the meantime he has been wearing a suit that isn't the best fit.  Despite everything, he is really liking it.  He enjoys being outside and he is learning so much.  I just hope he starts feeling better soon.

This was a picture of his eye after it was stung, the picture doesn't make it look as bad as it was.
I think I have mentioned before that I lack the crafty gene, but I thought these turned out pretty cute. They are Valentines I made for Ollie's preschool class.  I (along with everyone else this year) got the idea from Pinterest.  

4 comments:

The Lehrfeld Family said...

Those valentines are adorable! Sorry to hear about Jason's rough week. Glad he is enjoying the great outdoors though. I promise we are coming to visit (soon!)

Amy said...

Is it so wrong of me that I just laughed and laughed at Jason's rough first week? I don't mean it in a bad way, I just think of poor Jason getting stung so much in a little bee suit and for some reason it is just comical. Good thing he isn't allergic!!

bren said...

Oh stop- you are too crafty and creative. Even if you get ideas from pinterest. I was admiring your mantel last night actually. Those are really cute little Valentines.

The Burtons said...

Poor Jason! I am glad that he is enjoying the change though.