Friday, December 02, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

 Blogging is a lot harder this time of year since there is so much going on.  I feel like I have to be really on top of things, which I am not the best at.  So here it is, picture overload, as I wrap up Thanksgiving so we can begin the Christmas festivities.  One thing I love about blogging is that even though most of us post the same things (Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas), it is fun to see everyones traditions, food, etc.  I love it.

As I mentioned before, Jason's family was all in town for Thanksgiving, so we had our main meal over there.
Michelle and Eric now live in Seattle so these rain boots are a must.  Max just had to try them on.  They were almost as tall as he is.
Here he is hamming it up for Michelle.  Seriously this kid is TOO CUTE!

Jan's beautiful Thanksgiving table.  Jason's dad grew everything on the table centerpiece.

Ez enjoyed an after dinner, pre-dessert snack of whipped cream.  Yum.

Ollie misses Shelley and Eric.  Michelle and Ollie re-bonded over Shrek.
After dinner at the Millers, we headed to my aunt Cheryl's house and caught up with my family for dessert (and a few bites of their thanksgiving feast).
Me, Kim, and Maggie watching everyone play a dance game on the kinect. 


Family pic.  Max was spent by this time.  He is going to be bed between 6-7 pm every night and sleeping a solid 12-13 hours.  He is a good little sleeper.
That night some of the family came over and played games.  Matt was a good sport hanging out with the ladies.  That is what you get when you marry into a family of 6 girls and 1 boy.
It isn't a family get together without and ugly face picture.  Letty is seriously setting the bar in the ugly face arena.


On Friday morning some of Jason's family and some of my family met at our house for a nice walk.  We live right by some really nice running/hiking trails. Originally, I wanted to hike down to the American river which is just about a mile down from our house, but it's pretty steep.  Instead, Jason went on a run that morning and found a nice little walk with just the right amount of uphill/downhill.
Heading out. 
Ollie holding onto Mike for dear life.  Ollie isn't really a fan of riding on shoulders (he is kind of a wuss). 

My seriously beautiful little niece and her lambs ear.

Friday evening we headed to my parents to help decorate their Christmas tree.  It is kind of a tradition for us all to get together and do it.  It gets a little more chaotic every year.  

The grandkids were a lot of, wait for it, "help"...haha.

Jack and Chrissy reminiscing.  

Me, Jason, and Owen.  

Ollie and Nathan playing games on our phone.  I'm a lot more wary to let my kids play with my phone since Max dropped mine at IKEA and shattered the screen.  I was very sad.  

Being silly.
Saturday morning my family headed to the Nimbus Fish Hatchery.  I remember going there as a kid.  It is fun to watch the salmon and trout jump up the ladders.  We also watched an interesting video about how they are helping to save the fish.  Normally we feed the fish but this time we were out there as the fish were being fed so we just watched.

Mom and Ollie.

Me and Jason.

Ollie doing his stinky face.

Jeff had been sick most of the week, we were glad he was feeling better Saturday so he and Ez could come with us. 
Chrissy and her kids.

Max is such a little love bug.  Here he is cuddling with Papa. 
I was slightly embarrassed when I saw Max's socks, but seriously getting out of the house is always a mad rush and I didn't have time to change them.  He doesn't seem to mind.
Jen got the boys matching jammies.  They were so cute.  Here is our attempt to get a pic of the three grandkids on Jason's side.
Max was upset and that upset Ezra, he is such a sensitive little soul.

I won't tell you how many pictures we took, and this is the best I have.  Three adorable boys.  We can't wait for Michelle to add the first girl to this bunch!!

Me and Jen, I wish Michelle had still been there.

Whew, I'm done! It was such a fun week.  I am very grateful to Apple for giving their employees the whole week of Thanksgiving off, it was really nice to have Jason around.  Now we are looking forward to Christmas!

3 comments:

Eric and Michelle said...

I love this post... i laughed through a lot of it. Especially the one with Max and Ez crying. I can't wait for Christmas now! Btw, I think one of your boys prank called me today.

jeff and jen said...

Max is so cute in those boots and snuggling with your dad. Cute kids. I am so excited to see you guys again for x mas. I am booking us a cabin in Island Park so bring your swimming suits!!!

Callie said...

Okay, we were just at the hatchery! Now that we're close, we seriously need to get together!