Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter Weekend 2011

We had a really fun Easter weekend with family.  Jason's parents came down Friday afternoon and Michelle and Eric live here so we got to spend all weekend together.  Ollie loved Easter this year, and I loved planning stuff for him.  Holidays are so much better with kids!  Here are some pictures from our weekend.

Saturday we went on a walk to our favorite little farm and had a picnic.
Jason and Ollie.  For going on a walk Ollie didn't actually do too much walking.  He had 6 adults to hold him, well 5 I guess because I refused to do it, he is too big, when he is with me it is either walk yourself or sit in the stroller.  I know I am such a jerk.

Max and Grandma.

Eric, Michelle, and Jason.  Eric loved the double BOB and wants one now :)

Max with Aunt Shelley.  She has 3 nephews that she loves so much.  She is such a good auntie, we love her! 
I sure do love this guy.

Ollie checking out the pigs.  This is the look he gave me when I asked if he wanted to eat a part of that pig for dinner the next day :)

Max, Max, Max.  I am pretty much totally obsessed with this baby.  The one thing he has been doing that I don't think it cool is growing up WAY too fast.  He is crawling everywhere, and he is quick.  I have caught him multiple times standing up against things like the open dishwasher, or the couch, or this step, not cool Max, not cool at all.  It is so much more work having him this mobile.   
Ollie loved jumping off this stage onto a pile of hay he made.  It is a good thing Saturday is bath day!

Saturday evening we dyed Easter eggs.  I kind of thought it would be like craft day, where Ollie is into it for about 30 seconds and then moves on, but I was wrong.  He loved it.  He just kept dunking those eggs over and over.  I think each egg got dunked in each color about 5 times.  I loved watching his excitement.  

I love his profile, so sweet.  And that dimple...seriously I die!!

Very pleased with his egg.

It is a special day when I can get Ollie to smile at the camera, this kid on the other hand is so smiley.  You just glance his way and he shoots you the biggest smile, I love it.

This is what Ollie looked like by the time we were done coloring eggs, I should have started him out this way.  We called him Shrek the rest of the evening because his hands were dyed green.

Some of them actually turned out pretty good.  He dunked them so many times they were almost tie dyed.
 Sunday Ollie woke up to a basket from the Easter bunny (I didn't make Max one because he is only 7 months old and honestly he just doesn't care yet).  We try not to feed Ollie too much sugar so his basket had things like freeze dried peaches and 'organic' fruit snacks (because if they are organic they are obviously way healthier, I mean the first ingredient is organic cane syrup instead of sugar...way healthier   ;-)  He also got the movie Tangled (because he wanted it, not his mother, how dare you question my motives), and a much needed piggy bank.  He has been really into money lately and has been carrying a bunch of change around in a baggy, haha.  Now he has a giant plastic pig to put it in.  Later that morning we had a big egg hunt, just for Ollie.  Basically it went like this, six adults followed Ollie around while he repeated "I found one"excitedly every time he found an egg.
A little weary of the camera.

Pure happiness!  His eggs were filled with either jelly beans or money (pennies, nickels, and dimes), he loved it.

As I have said before dressing my kids in matching clothes is my FAVORITE thing to do.  They looked so adorable in their matching Easter outfits.

This is what I see in my face about 90% of the day.  He is always grabbing at something, usually my hair.  
Sunday evening after church we ate a delicious dinner outside, went on a walk, and just hung out.  It was a wonderful Easter.  Having kids has made me focus more on the reason for the holidays we celebrate.  I want them to know that their Savior loves them, atoned for them, and the miracle of his resurrection.  I just hope we can adequately teach them, what a huge responsibility!!

2 comments:

Paul W. Nash said...

Great photos. Ollie and Max are really cute. I especially loved the photo of Ollie looking happy after opening his easter eggs.

Callie said...

Okay, so Brian has been asking me "WHEN can we go see Jason and Ginny?" We're pretty close now! What's your schedule like?