Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Little Of This, Little Of That

Life has been busy.  The blog has been neglected.  Baby #2 is due in 3 weeks, I can't believe it.  I'm trying to soak in this time of us being a family of 3 before the dynamic changes. I am getting so excited though.  I can't wait to meet this little guy, and to see Ollie meet his brother.  Not to mention I'm feeling pretty ready to not be pregnant anymore.  Here are some pictures of what we have been up to lately.

Hanging out in the back yard.  How cute is this little guy?  He always sits with his ankles crossed, he is so lady like.


I mowed the lawn for the first time in my life.  And I had a cute little helper.

Paul and Amy have been telling us about Mariannes Ice Cream in Santa Cruz, so we went.  They were right, it is delicious.

Letty has been babysitting for me while she is home from school.  It has been SO nice having her here a few days a week.  We went and saw our boyfriend, Zac Efron in Charlie St. Cloud.  He was totally HOT, the movie was ok.

While Letty was around, I took advantage of her help and we took Ollie to the Oakland zoo.  Here he is with the giraffes.

Ollie and I checking out the elephants.

We packed a lunch and ate at the zoo.

How nasty is the huge bat?  You should have seen it with his wings expanded.

Ollie and I with the alligator (way in the back).
 This past weekend we headed up North, dropped Ollie off with the grandparents and headed to Grass Valley for a little romantic weekend.  We started off Friday night at a yummy restaurant in Auburn, The Monkey Cat.  Then we checked in at our hotel.  Saturday was Jason's 30th birthday.  He started the morning off with a run, then we walked around downtown Grass Valley.  It is such a cute little town.  I was in heaven, there were tons of little bookstores.  I love bookstores.  Not Barnes and Noble/Borders type bookstores, but bookstores like the one Hugh Grant works at in Notting Hill.  In fact, it was really fun because Jason has been wanting to get Ollie this book that he liked as a kid.  Unfortunately, the book is no longer in print.  So we hit up a bunch of used bookstores and ended up finding it!  It was totally exciting :)  Saturday afternoon I scheduled massages for us.  A prenatal one for me and a sports massage for Jason.  It was HEAVEN!  We tried a yummy Thai place that evening and then rented a movie.  It was so nice to sleep in and just take off whenever we wanted.  But I did miss Ollie, a lot.  I called the grandparents like 10 times a day, just to check on him.  We went to church on Sunday and then headed to my parents for dinner.  It was a great weekend.

Welcome to Grass Valley!

A little over 8 years ago this cool guy I was dating brought me to this place on his motorcycle (it was Jason).

36 1/2 weeks.  Only 3 more weeks to go!!  And yes my shirts are no longer long enough.

Our room had a little patio.  We didn't use it much (actually just for this picture), but it was still really cue.

9 comments:

Darwin + Kiara said...

So nice you guys were able to get away before baby #2 comes. Good luck with adjusting! :)

Paul W. Nash said...

Remember when we saw one of those huge ugly bats fly over your house?

Tammy said...

Gin you look so cute all preggie. Can't wait to meet Miller boy #2! And I will soon. :) Ollie is just so dang cute btw with his legs crossed. Gabe does the same thing.

Nicole said...

Ginny, you are such a cute prego lady!! Good luck with baby #2, youwill LOVE having two! And enjoy these last few weeks with just one!

Lori said...

LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE that belly! Im super excited for you! I'm glad (and jealous) that you guys did a little trip before the baby comes. I kept bugging sam that we should do something, but he didnt really think it was a priority. Stupid practical husbands! Anyway, super congrats on being so close to the end, I can't wait to hear how it all goes!

Amy said...

Hey, these photos are awesome. I especially love how patriotic Ollie looks with the american flag behind him at Marianne's. You look so great Ginny!

The Burtons said...

That is awesome you were able to get away to celebrate and spend time together. You guys do the best trips=) You are looking great...can't believe you will have another little guy soon!

Megan said...

What a fun, and well deserved weekend! I love Ollie's crossed ankles... so cute! I can't believe you only have 3 weeks left! Have you named that boy yet?!

Heather said...

I love the pic of you two mowing the lawn together...so precious!