Friday, June 25, 2010

The Garden and Ollie

The garden and Ollie are pretty much what we have going on these days, at least according to the pictures on my camera.  I really should get a belly shot for those who are interested.  I just entered my 3rd trimester (28 weeks).  I can't believe I still have 12 weeks to go!!  Luckily the weather has been really nice and I am not dying of heat, yet.   I am still trying to teach Ollie that he has to be gentle with my belly.  When I am sitting he tries using it as a step to climb on, and he loves to kick during diaper changes.  The baby moves a ton, I swear a lot of times I think he is trying to kick his way out.  I love it though.  Jason is still training a lot for his Ironman next month.  I think we will all be happy when it is over.

Ollie LOVES olives.  What kid doesn't?

We went to Happy Hollow earlier this week.  Ollie rode the carousel for the first time.  Of course I made him ride the zebra since that was my high school mascot...Go Fighting Zebras!!

Our garden is growing so well.  I am obsessed with it.  Here are some pictures of what we are growing, since I know people really care :)

This is going to be a red bell pepper.   Isn't it cute?

Basil, onions, carrots, peas, beets.

A squash!!!

A little cucumber.

Peas.  Ollie LOVES the peas.  In fact, he has had many timeouts for picking them without adult supervision.  He eats them straight out of the pod.


Our squash and zucchini plants that Jason transplanted.  I was a little worried at first, but they seem to be doing really well now.

Our tomato plants.


 Somehow one of my socks ended up in Ollie's crib and when I went to check on him he had put it on.  Funny boy.

Ok the next series of pictures are ones I discovered on the camera.  Apparently Ollie is an aspiring photographer.  There were many more, but I thought these were funny.






7 comments:

jeff and jen said...

Congrats on 28 weeks!!! That is awesome. I cant wait to meet the new little guy. Ollie is so cute. I love the sock story and the olives on his fingers. My garden is about two months behind yours. . .of maybe I killed it. Either way there is no sign of food yet .

Paul W. Nash said...

Fighting Zebras?? I bet that struck fear in all your rivals! Also, Ollie's self-portraits are awesome.

Megan said...

I love your garden, it's beautiful! Ollie is such a funny little guy. I REALLY think that you guys need to take a trip up this way! Yes, please post a belly shot... and also, any progression on the name??

Nicole said...

Cute cute pics of your little guy!! and I love your garden! It already looks delish!!
Can't wait to see belly pics. Congrats on 12 weeks left. They drag on in the moment but then it will be over before you know it!!

~Ashley Dawn Photography~ said...

OK so for real~ I swear we are the ONLY people with NO garden!! I am beyond envious of all of you! AHHH!

Anyway

ha ha the sock thing made me laugh. Funny inside story on my side, but it reminded me of it and was just awesome!

Tammy said...

Ollie really is a good photographer! :) I'm very jealous of your garden -- I've always wanted to do one but can't because we live in an apartment. I know I always say this, but Ollie is just too cute!!

t.t.turner said...

I covet your garden! You're becoming Ina!