Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Christmas in CA

We spend Christmas Eve and Christmas day with my family before we left for Idaho. My Mom and I cooked prime rib, fingerling potatoes, fresh green beans and yummy bread. It was delicious. I have never cooked prime rib, so I wanted to get it exactly right, and we did. Normally my Grandparents come over and eat with us, but they have been under the weather, and of course it wasn't the same without Chrissy, Dave, and Alyssa. Every time I would think about them celebrating away from us I would tear up. We really missed them. That night we watched the LDS christmas devotional, played games, and watched "A Christmas Story" (that movie is such a classic). Christmas morning we got up early, opened presents, had a big breakfast, and then headed over to my aunts to celebrate with the whole family. It was good times. We have so much to be thankful for.
Christmas Eve dinner
Christmas morning around 7am
Some of the cousins and their spouses.

More cousins.
Family pic
My cute Grandparents.
The kitchen we got Ollie. We put it together before we left. He loves it.

1 comment:

bren said...

That is such a cute kitchen set! How does Ollie like it? Your Christmas looked like fun, but too bad Chrissy and her fam couldn't make it. Well I wish we would've made plans for New Years but oh well, we'll hang out soon I'm sure.