Monday, March 10, 2008

Sunny California

Three quick thoughts before I go into my trip to CA.

1. If you are going to vote on my poll you better hurry time is running out...which means my Drs appt is less than 48 hours away...I can't wait!!!

2. When it rains blog posts it pours blog posts. I have had nothing to blog about for almost two weeks and now I have my CA trip plus our big baby news on Wednesday. After that there will probably be another dry spell, I wish blogworthy things happened more consistently.

3. If you didn't know I was obsessed with my niece Alyssa, you will know it after this post.

So I flew to CA this weekend. I have been really homesick and stressed to the max with school and really thought a trip home would help me out a lot, which it totally did. Tomorrow is my niece Alyssa's 4th birthday but her party was over the weekend so I surprised her and my sister. It was so fun to go to her party, it is the kind of thing I always hate missing and for once I got to be there (another reason I can't wait to move to CA). So here are some pictures from my fun weekend. I always miss Jason so much, things just are so much more fun when he is with me. Oh and as a side note, I already hate pictures of myself. I don't think I am as huge as I look on camera and it is really depressing to see some of these pictures.


Chrissy and Alyssa at OTP
My Dad and Alyssa
Letty and Jenna
The fam minus Jack
Letty, Stac, Alyssa and I
Stac and I, she was so nice to come down from San Ramon for a visit!!
Alyssa in her cute birthday party outfit, she is seriously the cutest
Chrissy and I after a grueling game of Take One
My cute Mom and Willow
Jack, Letty and some of the McIntosh girls (my cousins)
Stac, Megan and I, doesn't Megan look great for having a new baby
Alyssa being sung to
The Wursten kids
The Wursten Family
Willow and I, she is darling and I LOVE all her hair
Me and the birthday girl
Willow saying "Peace Out"
Alyssa at the park
Alyssa eating her ice cream, I was trying to show how it was all over her face but she wiped it off just before the picture
Alyssa and I
Mom and Alyssa
Alyssa LOVES ladybugs (I'm not sure the feeling is mutual) so here is a picture of her gathering ladybugs. I didn't want to post a full back shot but you can probably see that her little bum was totally hanging out, it was the funniest thing ever, my Mom and I were dying!!!
Sweet little angel fell asleep taking me to the airport

Seriously there is no way I can have kids as cute as Alyssa...it just isn't possible!

12 comments:

Zane and Lexi said...

California...it looks so nice and warm! So - I voted girl...I can't wait to here the results, the ultrasound was my favorite - I didn't want it to end. Also, you look great Ginny - seriously, if you didn't tell people, they wouldn't know you were prego!

The Evers said...

Oh Gin, just wait until you have your own. You become obsessed with them, and it is hard to imagine that other people love there kids and think they are just as cute as you think yours is. It is really a funny thing. Alyssa is so adorable though, I think she looks like you-do you get that a lot? Anyway, I am glad your trip served its purpose and I hope you can make it though the next few months! I am counting down the hours too, I cant wait so be sure and call me when you can, I know there are a lot of anxious people! Jeff and I were talking about it last night and he thinks it is a girl, I however think differently, and I am usually right so there. I may have to eat my words Wednesday:) Sorry this is so long I guess I should just call you. I love you tons!

The Evers said...

I am sorry I totally meant to comment on how you cute you look! I love that you really look pregnant now. Not fat, you just look pregnant!

Lori said...

Your baby belly's on its way in! I'm uber excited for you guys tomorrow, that's just such a fun time. Best of luck, let us know right away!

Stacie said...

I can't believe how big Alyssa is now, I remember when she first came home from the hospital-- that was 4 years ago! It was so fun to see you! I like the pic of me and you at OT in the stairwell...look at my hand...kind of embarrassing :) And I love your cute little pregnant belly!

Amanda Hardman said...

WHAT! you were in California and you didn't come visit! I can't believe it!
Ok...kidding, but I'm glad you got to visit your family. Little trips like that are always fun!
You look great! I can't wait to find out what you guys are having..we voted boy!
You better post right when you get home from the doctor!

Tammy said...

CUTE gin!! You don't look fat, just really, really cute pregnant girl! :) I am jealous you got to go home! Oh and by the way...I am coming down to visit during Conference weekend. So if you guys are there, wanna hang out?? Miss you!

bren said...

Gin, Stacie AND Megan, you guys all look good! But yes, Megan does look excellent for just having a baby. Gin, you're lucky- you do look pregnant but the rest of you looks just the same! Okay, I don't remember what my vote was on the sex of your baby, but now I am guessing it's a girl. I am so excited to hear! Good luck tomorrow & keep us posted. Your trip to CA looks fun, as usual!

bren said...

p.s. I absolutely LOVE Chrissy's haircut... maybe it's not a NEW cut, but I haven't seen her since... who knows when!

Megan said...

i love the picture of alyssa posing! def. a wursten. you look so cute gin, and i cannot wait for you guys to find out today!!!!!!!!!!!! YEEEAAAHHH!!!! it was awesome to see you on saturday. i cant wait til you move home!

Shelton and Bethany said...

Yes! I did finally start a blog! I'm not sure how consistent I will be, but right now I am so excited about posting pictures of our new little girl that hopefully I will blog semi-often. It's a little late, but congrats on being pregnant! I'm not sure how you are feeling these days, but let me tell you as the mother of a week old baby... it's totally worth it!

Marie said...

Looks like you had a fun trip! Man, I miss California.