Saturday, December 08, 2007

Snow Boots

Something has changed within me, something is not the same (from wicked). I actually like the snow. I attribute this to a few things, for example, I haven't had to drive in it yet, and each day it has snowed I have been able to stay home and relax in my warm, cozy house, but the main reason for this change is my new snow boots. I know it may sound weird that something so small could change my whole perspective on the snow, but pre-boots I HATED walking in the snow, and you can't really be in the snow without walking in it, so that further enhanced my hatred. But now when I walk to Smiths in the snow I can throw on my sweats, put my boots on over my sweats, and my little feet stay warm and cozy plus my pants stay dry. I also used to stress out whenever anyone wanted to go "play" in the snow because I never had proper footwear. It is amazing, if you live in the snow and don't have a pair of snow boots GET SOME NOW!!! The best part is I got them for $8 at DI. Anyway, Provo is a winter wonderland right now. It has snowed all day and is suppose to continue all day tomorrow.
My lovely boots
A couple of pictures showing the snow out our window

Jason enjoying the snow
Ok, I realize I look DISGUSTING but whatever, here is me on the way home from Smiths, yes I actually left the house like that!!
Ok, this picture doesn't really belong on this post but oh well, we had dinner at Jen's the other night with Jason's Grandparents, they were in SL so his Grandpa could get surgery on his eyes, hence the bruising. Jason's Grandpa is so cute, when we first saw the bruising we said oh my goodness, his response "well you should see the other guy"!

11 comments:

Stacie said...

When I was first reading this, I thought they were going to be these cute Ugg like boots and then I see them and it was a little bit of a shock! But I'm glad you are finally enjoying the snow! It looks soooo pretty outside your window!

Lance and Becky said...

So fun, the snow looks amazing doesn't it?!

Lori said...

I'm glad you gained a bit of positive perspective on the snow. As long as I dont have to drive to work in it, and it's still fresh and pretty, I do enjoy it. The second either of those variables change, I start swearing at it. It's a love/hate relationship.

The Evers said...

I so miss those trips to Smiths :(, and the view from your apt window! I am glad you are enjoying the freezing cold this year, it will probably be your last one, Kind of sad! Enjoy your boots while they last!

Tammy said...

I really need to invest in some of those puppies.

bren said...

That's awesome that you got those boots at DI! I seriously need to get some too, maybe Rusty will get me some for Christmas. The snow really is pretty, and actually I like it when I don't have to go outside. If I were in school right now or had to leave to go to work, I'd kill myself. Luckily, it hasn't even snowed much here at all. As pretty & cozy as it is (when you're inside), Rusty and I agree that we'd prefer not to live in a place where it snows. You're brave to walk to the store in that weather.

Nate said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jason, Kim, & Kallie said...

WOW! I thought Iowa was bad, but you guys have SO MUCH snow! I miss Utah snow though... here it is FREEZING to the bone. We sure miss you guys, and I am taking your advice on the boots and heading to goodwill (Iowa's DI).

Jason, Kim, & Kallie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Hills... said...

Thank goodness for snow boots! The bigger the better! I'm starting to like the snow too. It is beautiful when you're inside looking out at it.

By the way, we are so sad we won't be seeing you at church anymore!

Megan said...

great deals are the bomb. i love that you can just walk to the grocery store...i think its awesome.