Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Dental Hygiene

Last weekend some of my dental hygiene friends and I worked at a couple of National Guard camps and assisted with their dental screenings before they leave for Iraq. It was a really good experience. At school we are getting ready to do injections on each other. The other day we began practicing on hotdog. My teacher said that we could be practicing on each other as soon as next week. I am really scared/excited. He said the best shots we ever give will be in school because we are striving for perfection whereas you get a little lazy once you are out of school, so he assures us there is nothing to be afraid of (I'm not totally convinced!)
Russ taking digital x-rays.
Shelley assisting the dentist.
Stefany, Cara Jo, Breanne, and Lorie (Alicia in the back)
Emily, Sarah, and Stephanie.
Me practicing my injections into a hotdog
Cristal injecting her hotdog.
How cool is this!!
Shelley scaring me with Melissa, Diane and Rachel looking on in horror!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your post made me a little lightheaded..i hate needles. You are brave! Glad things are going good even with Jason gone. It's a good thing for cell phones!

Jen and Joe. said...

There's something that seems quite wrong about injecting a hot dog with anesthetic...Really, really wrong. And what's the red stuff in the cup?

Though, if practicing on a hot dog helps the learning curve for people who stick needles in my mouth, then I'm all for it. =)

Megan said...

yeah...i second that last comment...what the heck is that thing?! i thought it was a cup of blood or something...youre a bunch of crazies.