Sunday, March 04, 2007

Don't Be Afraid

Ok people, don't be afraid when you see this post. Jason got a new handgun recently, so last night we went and shot guns, with Mike and Jenny Larsen. Jason has four guns now and is waiting for his concealed weapons permit to come in the mail, so I figure I need to get a little more comfortable with guns and how to use them. Mikes Dad owns a gun store/shooting range so we were able to shoot lots of different guns including a .44 magnum, Kimber 1911, Walther P22 (my favorite), a couple of .40's and 9mm's, and Jason's new Kel-Tec .380. It was pretty fun, I still get a little scared sometimes, but I am getting better. Mike, Jason's brother, was in town so after we were done shooting we went out to dinner with all Jason's siblings at Mimi's and then back to our place to play games. It was a fun night.
Jason is a pretty good shot.
I on the other hand am not so good.
All of us with our favorite guns.

Sharp shooter with my P22.
Jason and I in the store.
Jason likes AR-15's, but they make me think of bad people.
All of us at Mimi's (the one you may not recognize is my cousin Chelsea, she and Michelle are roomates).
Playing Apples to Apples (Jason had to get up early but wanted to be involved so he went to sleep while we played).

1 comment:

bren said...

I shouldn't let Rusty see this post or he'll probably want to get a gun but I don't like guns. I guess he does have his hunting guns, which don't bother me as bad. Stacie, remember we shot clay pigeons with our fhe brothers a few years ago? That was a little scary~ our hyper, squirly fhe sisters playing with shot guns.....Besides that, the only guns I've shot are my Dad's BB guns and 22 I think?? Maybe it was a pellet gun, I have no idea.