Sunday, June 09, 2013

Camping in Lake Tahoe

I'm pretty proud of myself for posting this less than a month after it happened (what is my problem?).  Honestly, you should just head on over to our friends Paul and Amy's blog and read about it there.  Amy did a wonderful write up about our extremely fun camping weekend.  We just love the Nash's.   It is hard to find couples who enjoy doing the same things as you, and who actually follow through with doing them.  They are the best. Here is a quick recap of our weekend.

Amy and Paul made us the most delicious breakfast Friday morning.  I love breakfast food so I was in heaven.  At the end Amy had some batter left and didn't need to make anymore pancakes, so she made one more giant pancake (as you can see below).  




The place we stayed, Zephyr Cove, had a beach across the street from the campground.  Friday after breakfast we headed over there to let the kids play in the sand.  They loved it.  






 All of us in front of our campsite.

After the beach we stopped, picked up some lunch then headed to Inspiration Point at Emerald Bay for a picnic.  After that we went to Eagle Falls and did a little hike and checked out this cool waterfall.  






 Each night we had smores.  My kids were in heaven, because they LOVE marshmallows and I don't so I never buy them.  And while I don't like plain marshmallows, I do enjoy them roasted with chocolate between two graham crackers.  This night we also made tin foil dinners.  Amy and I took a lot of time to try to perfect them and I must say we came pretty close.  I even took notes so I would remember what to do next time we go camping. 



We all stayed in our camper at night.  It worked out really well.  Amy and I were concerned about getting the kids to bed in the camper, but they all did really well.  I think this is just the cutest picture that Amy took of Max and Clara playing on my phone.  I love when we are with the Nashs because Amy and Paul are both extremely gifted photographers, and they take so many great pictures that they later let me steal and put on my blog, print on canvas etc.  


 Saturday we went back to the beach.  Poor Clara got a little too close and took a little dip in the water.  She was a trooper though and Amy scooped her up quickly, took her back to camp and got her changed.  She kept her distance the rest of the time we were near the lake. 


This is straight from Amy's blog because she wrote it up so well:

After a lunch of roasted hot dogs, we drove to Tallac Historical Park to see some of the cabins built in the late 1800's and early 1900's by the wealthy to use as summer homes.  It was beautiful and very interesting and it felt like we were stepping back in time to the 1920's through much of it aside from the fact that it was right on the lake and we could hear motorboats every now and then.  Mostly we just wandered here and then found Pope Beach - a beautiful beach with incredibly soft sand for a mountain lake - where we hung out and skipped more rocks and had rock throwing competitions for distance and accuracy (trying to hit a buoy in the lake).  

After Tallac, we picked up some pizza and salad for dinner and brought it back to camp. 


 We went on a walk, Jason and I are clearly out of shape.  


 Amy took this cool group picture.  She had Jason take one of their family, but he totally botched it (and I don't think we will ever let him live it down).  Like I said before, we love the Nash family and can't wait for future camping trips with them.   Here and here are links to a couple other camping trips we took with the Nashs.


1 comment:

Stacie said...

I swear we will follow through with our camping plans! haha! That picture of Max and Clara is adorable. Is Paul the one that took the picture of the redwoods that's in your house? Very pretty.