Saturday, January 05, 2013

Christmas Eve/Christmas 2012

We usually do a big dinner with my family on Christmas Eve and then a big dinner with Jason's family on Christmas day.  Jan didn't feel like cooking on Christmas day (I don't blame her), so we had our big Miller family dinner on the 23rd.  It was delicious.  Jan really goes all out.  We had king crab legs and prime rib, yum!  

Michelle was putting Taylor down when we started eating, so she was the last one eating.  She continued eating even after we had cleared the table.  She didn't seem to mind.  Eating in peace is a luxury most parents don't get to enjoy :)

I think this might be the cutest picture I have ever taken.  Max and Ezra don't get along too well so this really was a Christmas miracle.  Michelle got the boys matching jammies and they were just too cute together.  I know they will grow up and be the best of friends.  If only we lived closer :(

After dinner, the kids each got to open one present.  It was nice because this entertained them while Jeff read the adults a nice Christmas story.  It was such a nice evening.  We love spending time with Jason's siblings and miss them when they are gone.

After our Christmas Eve friend brunch (see other post), we headed to my parents for dinner.  We had prime rib again, which I will never complain about.  It was delicious.  My mom and sister did a great job.  

They may not be matching but these cousins are still so cute in their jammies.  

We opened all our presents from my family that night.  Everyone was so generous.  We read Luke 2 and each wrote what our gift to Jesus was this year. We had a great night.   

It is so nice to be in our own home for Christmas morning.  We just hung out after opening presents.  The boys each got a bike (Ollie got a new one with pedals and Max got Ollie's old bike all readjusted for him).  So far I think the favorite gift the boys got has been their Popular Mechanics for Kids DVD's.  They both love them.  I'm sure you can imagine how proud this makes their father.  In fact, I catch him sucked up in them every once in a while.  


Around 10am we headed to Jason's parents for a big breakfast and opening presents with his family.  This is the only picture I took...lame.  This pic is a pretty big deal though because Taylor isn't always a fan of the male gender (unless it is her daddy), but she was letting Mike hold her without crying!  I don't think she was happy about it, but you take what you can get.  It was a really nice morning.  The food was great and everyone got lots of great stuff.  We are so blessed.

Around 2pm we headed back to our house where my entire extended family was coming over for dinner at 3pm.  We always do dinner together and then a white elephant gift exchange.  It is always a lot of fun.


Chrissy got a sun hat for Hawaii.


Family pic.

I'm not going to lie, that night I was exhausted.  It was a wonderful Christmas.  We are so blessed to have such wonderful family and friends.  






1 comment:

Derek and Claire said...

That picture of the boys in their matching jammies is so cute! I'm glad you had such a great Christmas! We miss you guys.