Saturday, September 22, 2012

Husbandless

Jason left to go back to North Dakota this week to finish things up out there and I have been seriously down in the dumps!  He will most likely be gone for 4 weeks.  That is a really long time and I miss him so much already.  I have been lonely and in a funk all week, but things are looking up.  I'm working three days a week covering a maternity leave, so that keeps me really busy.  The office is less than 5 mins from our house which is really nice, and my cousin Maggie comes over and watches the boys.  We love Maggie, she has been SO awesome.  Anyway, I am just trying to stay busy and patient with my boys so that the time flies by.  Here are some pictures from before Jason left.


The boys and I made pizza a couple weeks ago.  These guys love sitting on the counter helping me.  I love it because cooking is one of my favorite things to do and I love doing it with them.

We went to the Gold Country Fair.  I LOVE corn dogs, especially fair corn dogs.  This one was a huge disappointment.  The batter was runny in the middle...bleh!

We missed the Svetzs this summer and we were happy to get together and play games before Jason left.

One of my BFFs Stacie and I got together for breakfast so I could meet her little bundle of joy.  We hit up Target afterwards.
Jason bought his plane ticket for last Sunday, Max's birthday (happy birthday Max daddy is abandoning you for a month...haha).  We decided to celebrate on Saturday.  We went to the American River and played in the water.  Both grandmas came, so the boys had lots of fun.



After that we came back and had cake and opened presents.  I was too lazy this year and just bought Max a cake.


Max is a very loved little two year old.  I am happy to report he is finally talking!  Probably not as well as he should be, but he can definitely communicate, and his little voice is pretty much the sweetest thing I have ever heard.  Two of his favorite words are "Ollie" (Ol-ye), and "yellow" (ye-yo), it is too cute.

We were so lucky the weekend Jason left because Jan watched the kids Friday night so Jason and I could go to the temple and my mom watched the kids Saturday night so we could go out for dinner.  We ate at Bravo: A Taste of Peru and it was delicious.  


Later that night I found this present from Jason.  He is so thoughtful and I seriously love it.

This week Ollie got to take home Polly panda, his preschool mascot.  You are suppose to report what you did with Polly the next day.  We played Monopoly Junior.  


 How cute is my sunbeam class?  Tomorrow is our primary program and I am really looking forward to it.

Max and Owen playing a duet on the piano.

Grandma got matching shirts for the boys.  I love dressing them alike, it is so cute.  Now I know why my mom use to do that to me and my sister.

2 comments:

Eric and Michelle said...

I love the watch! I'm sorry Jason is gone... I hope it goes by quickly. I can't wait to hear Max's little voice say Yellow and Ollie... and SHELLY!

The Burtons said...

Cute watch, what a good husband! Hope it goes by fast and that you are enjoying work too.