Friday, August 03, 2012

Oliver's 4th Birthday

Oliver turned 4 years old on July 31st.  We had a really fun day celebrating our sweet boy.  Jason and I filled his room with balloons the night before and when he woke up in the morning he came out with a huge smile on his face.  I think the balloons reminded him that it was in fact his birthday.  We have been counting down his birthday on the calendar everyday for a month or so, and after he woke up he said "let's look at the map mommy", the map meaning the calendar.  We made cupcakes for his birthday party in the morning and then we headed to Jamestown to see Ice Age 3 in the afternoon.  We had dinner at the Tastee Freeze (we always get the fried chicken and knoepla soup).  After dinner we headed home for his birthday party.  I'm really weird about birthdays and only plan on doing big friend birthday parties every four years, so this was his first friend party.  It was really fun.  We are lucky that he has made friends here in ND that came to celebrate with us.

I didn't plan on doing a theme but I found a Cars piñata so I went with it.  If your wondering why I would serve pink cupcakes at my little boy's birthday, well they were suppose to be red :)

It was pretty windy when we wanted to sing to Ollie so we hauled everyone into the basement so he could blow out his candles instead of the wind.  These are all of the little kids, the older kids were getting them to smile.  (Aiden, Ollie, Eli, Hunter, Peyton, Marissa, McKenzie).

The piñata was interesting.  On the fourth kid the top pulled out.  It had strings to pull so we did that and the third kid to pull a string out got the one that opened it up.  So it didn't last long :)


Ollie's friends were so nice to him and he got lots of awesome gifts.  My kids have been so entertained the last few days by the new toys.

This mini bobcat is fun because Jason uses a bobcat at work so it is fun for the boys to play with.

At the end of the party Ollie gave all his friends a hug.  It was really sweet.

Me and Jason with our big boy.  If you are wondering why Max isn't in any of the pictures it is because he was in bed.  He didn't get a nap because of the movie, so he went to bed at 6pm.  He was exhausted.  Hopefully he will forgive us for making him miss the party :)


Fun things about Ollie at this age:

-He has quite an imagination.  Today he had a little bead that he found and was playing with and he told me that if it fell on the ground the world would die!  We took good care of that bead :)

-He really likes wearing jeans and wants to wear them even on the hottest days.  He told me he is "much cooler" in them.

-He picks me flowers all the time and it is pretty much the sweetest thing ever.  If he sees a flower on his bike he will turn around and pick it for me.  I want to try to start drying them or something.

-He can be the sweetest big brother (he can also be a big stinker).  He talks to Max in this really sweet, high-pitched voice and I just love it.  

-He is becoming very independent and doesn't want my help a lot times.  He gets himself dressed, puts his shoes on, crosses the street and rides his bike in the church parking lot, gets his own snacks out of the fridge, turns on his own movies and he even walked to Papa's house by himself (about a block away) without my permission (Max did it once too).

I know as soon as I publish this I will think of tons of other things, if I do I will add them. 

I did a little interview with Ollie (something I have seen friends do) so we can remember these things about him at four years old. 

Favorite TV Show: Dinosaur Train

Favorite food: popsicles, fruit snacks, chicken noodle soup

Favorite thing about preschool: Making crafts and wearing an apron so he won't spill on his shirt

If you could change your name:  Switcher Oliver James Miller

Favorite Colors: blue, black, green and orange

Favorite toy: his new bobcat and his planet puzzle

Favorite Movie: Tom and Jerry, Horton Hears a Who (this changes almost daily)

Favorite Song: Choose the Right

Favorite Book: His planet book

Food You Dislike: Honey mustard pretzels and rice

Best Friend: Aiden and Max

Favorite Things To Do:  his planet puzzle, play in the dirt pile, ride his bike, go to the park and go to the Tastee Freeze.

5 comments:

Eric and Michelle said...

I woke up so grumpy today, but now that I saw this post, I am BEAMING!

You have the cutest kids, Gin... Ollie is so sweet! AND BIG!

I love that you wrote little facts about him right now and went through all the work to throw him an awesome party. You are SUCH a good mom!

I can't believe it's been 4 years... <3 I miss those babies of yours like crazy!

Derek and Claire said...

Ollie is getting so big. He is so cute! "Switcher" is an awesome name! I wish we could have come to celebrate with you guys. Jason would love the cars theme. Miss your cute family- I'm glad I can read about all your adventures!

The Burtons said...

Happy Birthday to Ollie! He is such a fun boy. Looks like he had a wonderful birthday!

The White Family said...

I love the idea of the interview with him, I laughed so hard at Switcher. Love him so much.

Lori said...

I cant believe our first babies are FOUR! He sounds like such a sweety. Glad it was a fun birthday.