Sunday, August 26, 2012

Lake Powell Part 2

Ok, so we finally found a spot that we planned to stay at for the rest of our trip.  We were on our fourth night by then.  The spot was nice, but it was at the mouth of a canyon so there was a lot of small boat traffic, which meant a lot of waves for us.  It wasn't a big deal though.  

Here is our boat tucked in its little cove.  I liked that there were lots of areas to hike around.  We went on two hikes while we were there.

We had a little bucket of water for the kids to wash their feet off in when they came on the boat from the beach.  I am in love with this picture of Max.  Too cute.

 We took the boys on a hike one morning. It was really fun.  Everything is fun when you are with Uncle Jeff.  He showed the boys cool animal tracks, found animal bones, found lizards, etc.  The boys loved it.




 We took the little boat out each day to surf and wakeboard.  We also did some tubing and went on a few scenic drives in the boat.

Here is Mike surfing.

Me surfing.  It was my first time.  I had to hold onto the rope most of the time.  It was a lot of fun.

Mike and I jumped off this big cliff.  I said I wasn't going to, because I am must less adventurous these days, but when I got up there I decided at the last second to just go for it.  If I had given those below more warning I would have had a pic too.

Ez caught a fish.

The guys tried for a long time to shoot a fish with the bow. Mike finally caught one with the bow, and Jeff did later also.  We also enjoyed shooting the potato gun filled with a potato and an explosive.  We are really mature :)

I wish I had taken a picture on the top of the boat.  It had lots of lounge chairs and it was so nice to sit up there and relax.  It is also where Jan and Grandpa slept.  In the old houseboat, everyone slept up top, so that is the only way Grandpa likes to sleep.  Jason and I slept on the top one night and it was so nice.  The stars are so bright when there are no lights around, it was beautiful.

Michelle, Jenny, and me on our pleasure craft :)

 Our family going on a tube ride.  Ollie LOVED riding on the tube.  The first time we did it he kept saying "this is the best day ever".  

 Michelle and Taylor, Jen and Ez enjoying a boat ride.

 The boys loved wrestling with uncle Mike.  

On one of our scenic boat rides, Max and Ez fell asleep.  Our kids slept pretty well on this trip because they were so worn out at the end of each day.

 On one of our hikes Grandpa beat us to the top.

A cool crevice we found.

We buzzed Ollie's hair. He has the cutest little head.  I'm glad we did it on our last day, I was worried about it getting sunburned.

 Ollie wearing Shelley's sun hat.

 Michelle wake boarding.  Mike, Eric and I also wake boarded.  Jan and Grandpa both slalom skied.  Grandpa is almost 87 years old and he was able to get up.  It was awesome.  

We weaned Max off his binky at 18 month, but with everything going on we let him use it while we drove and while we were at Lake Powell (as soon as we got home it was gone for good).  Ollie was being so sweet with Max, talking nicely to him and giving him kisses.

The boys enjoying popsicles.

The rest of the week went pretty smoothly.  We had a few other issues, but the guys were able to figure it out pretty quickly.  We had a lot of fun.  I love being all together with Jason's family, we always have a great time.  

We drove back Friday morning to Jenny and Jeff's house, stayed the night there and then made the final push home the next day.  Friday night Jeff took the boys on a four wheeler ride.  It was heaven for three little boys (four if you include Jeff). 

Next year I want to remember to take a group pic of everyone at Lake Powell.  I also want to remember to take a pic of the grandkids before the morning we leave to go home.  Taylor is so loved by her cousins.  I can't wait to see them all grow up together.

Saturday was a long day of driving.  We took the camping trailer home and so we averaged about 60 mph.  It was slow going.  Not to mention we can only go about 2-2 1/2 hours before we have to get gas.  That makes for a lot of little stops, but we made it!  The boys did great, they were real troopers.  We wanted to hurry home because my mom was speaking in stake conference (she was recently called as stake RS pres).  It was so nice to be able to see my family.  I missed them while we were gone.  We are so happy to be home and are even more in love with our house.  It is like I re-fell in love with my house.  I think we will look forward to ND each year, and we will look forward to coming home from ND each year as well. 

4 comments:

Brooke said...

so fun, ginny. I love your posts-all of them.

skiing at 87 is amazing!

I keep telling dave I want a trailer and he is almost convinced! :)

we moved to utah, so if you ever pass through come stay with us!

Eric and Michelle said...

Thank you so much for posting about Lake Pizzowll. You are such a good blogger and definitely captured the trip well.

I miss those boys already... and Ollie is so stinkin cute with his shaved head!

Stacie said...

That looks like such a fun trip, even with all the complications! You sure left a cliffhanger with the two posts! haha. Your boys are so cute, I love the picture of Ollie getting buzzed. Can't wait to get together soon.

Lori said...

Oh my goodness, this looks EPICALLY fun!!! What a great trip.