Sunday, October 16, 2011

Fleet week 2011

Last weekend Jason's coworker and his partner were kind enough to invite Jason's work team to watch fleet week on their boat.  It was probably one of the coolest things we have done since living in the bay area.  Their boat is docked at Pier 39 so we were able to drive the boat out on the bay and enjoy the airshow out on the water.  The weather was beautiful so we hung out, barbecued, enjoyed the beautiful scenery, and just had a great time.

The 'boat', he insists it isn't a yacht but you could have fooled me.
Sergey was the official photographer of the group (you can see by that lens that he is not messing around) .  Most of these pictures are from him.  This is what he looked like most of the time :)

I think this picture of the coast guard boat against Alcatraz is so cool.


Our hosts Casey and JD.

On the front of the boat there was nothing to obstruct the view, it was amazing, and windy.
Jason and I with the city behind us.
A little out of order, me and Jason in front of the boat.

I haven't got the pictures Sergey took yet, and this one doesn't compare but here is a pic I took of the blue angels.

Just driving the boat :)

Another lame pic I took.  It doesn't even do it justice.

I love this picture of Jason, he looks so rugged and sexy.
Coming back to the pier with lots of boats behind us.

Everybody: Sergey, Gigi, Jason, JD, Me, Casey and Chelsey.
Some of our favorite planes.

The Oracle stunt plane was so cool.  
The B2 stealth bomber was my favorite of the day.  It was totally silent until it went past you and it was SO thin.  Very UFOish.

The Blue Angels never disappoint.  It is amazing how close they fly in formation.

This was super cool.  The Osprey it is a huge helicopter/airplane, with propellers that tilt so it can take off like a helicopter and then fly like a plane.  It was  really cool to watch.

3 comments:

bren said...

That looks ridiculously cool. I don't know why but I love airshows and things like that. I've never even seen Blue Angels in person, but it's like my dream to fly in one. Anyway, I can't remember if I told you or not, but your family pictures are awesome! Seriously, everything about them is just perfect, including your outfits. I like that all the boys have white shirts and simple outfits, and you're the only one wearing a pattern. Very cute. Are they for your Christmas cards? We took pics tonight, but only for a wall collage. DOn't know about Christmas cards yet. I bet you're so busy with the move right now, so good luck and let me know if you need help, once you're in the area.

Paul W. Nash said...

Your last four photos are AMAZING!!!

Stacie said...

You are true bay areans now! It's funny cause you just remind me of people that live in S.F. in the picture with you and Jason on the boat with your Northface jackets on, Haha. Looks like so much fun, that UFO looking one is so cool, I wonder if its from area 51. Jk!!