Sunday, January 17, 2010

An Evening In The City

Saturday afternoon we took the Caltrain into San Francisco. Jason had made reservations at B44, a Spanish restaurant in downtown. They were participating in the Dine About Town, this thing were pricier restaurants offer a discounted menu for the evening. Since Jason served in Spain he was excited to have authentic Spanish food again. Authentic it was, and very delicious. Before dinner we walked around downtown, Pier 14 and rode a cable car. It was a really nice family day.
Ollie and Jason on the train. Oh, I haven't mentioned on the blog the atrocious haircut I gave Ollie. He looks like Lloyd from Dumb and Dumber :( And this picture is like a week after I did it so it has grown out a bit. Poor guy.
At a little cable car museum.
Along the pier with the Bay Bridge in the background.

In front of a cable car from England.


At the restaurant.
On the way back to the train station it started pouring rain on us, and we didn't leave ourselves much time to get back. Soooo by the time we got on the train we were soaking wet (even though we had an umbrella) and totally winded from running (at least I was). It was quite an adventure.
On the train home, showing Daddy his ears.

Poor little guy was beat. He wouldn't sleep, but I started reciting some of his favorite books from memory and that lulled the little guy to sleep.

12 comments:

Grandma C. said...

Sounds like such a fun excursion. How long did it take you to get in on Caltrain? Paul and I have talked about doing that sometime but we always just end up driving and paying to park.

Amy said...

Oops - that previous comment was from me - Amy - only my mother was signed in to her account on my computer. Sorry about that!

t.t.turner said...

He was pretty tired! What a fun night on the town... I haven't been to San Francisco since I was like 16, and I'm dying to go back.

~Ashley Dawn Photography~ said...

What a fun day! :)

I would love to do all that kinda stuff!

I have always wanted to do that Train thing!!!!! That would be sooo much fun!! I don't know why I am so excited about it. But I really really AM! :D

Eric and Michelle said...

You guys are the cutest parents... and olivers hair is still cute!!!

jeff and jen said...

Such cute boys you have, especially Ollie. I miss him. I don't know if the hair cuts I gave him were much better. Luckily he is a cute kid and he can pull them off.

Tia said...

Looks like fun!

I don't even look at the books most the time when I'm reading the story anymore.

Jessica Martiele said...

So...what exactly did you eat? (Man, I love food!) And I love that new picture of you three up top...where'd you have it done? Sounds like a really fun family outing, and I'm amazed that your little man did SO well at an upscale restaurant! Congrats!

The Hills... said...

I'm so jealous you live so close to San Fran! It's my favorite city! That Oliver is sure cute!

erin said...

Oh man, I almost died laughing from your comment about his haircut. He is still cute, of course.

Beeta said...

You guys find fun everywhere you go. Ollie is getting big! He is sooo cute. I love his sleeping picture. Your header picture is awesome. You look great. Let us know if you ever come to Utah!

Paige said...

Ok-so I found your blog, and I will be checking back often.

What a fun trip to "the city". I can't believe Mike and I haven't made it up there yet. I guess we are just waiting until we have some company. I don't think I will get Mike up there otherwise.