Thursday, November 29, 2012

Birthday and Thanksgiving

Last week was a pretty awesome week.  On Tuesday I turned 30 years old...crazy!  I spent the day having lunch and shopping with my mom and sisters.  That evening Jason had something planned for me and it ended up being a surprise birthday party.  He did a great job and I was totally surprised.  It was fun to visit with friends and family and celebrate the end of my youth :)  He also got me an iPhone 5, which is pretty awesome.





Wednesday was me and Jason's 9th wedding anniversary.  I love our life together and I love Jason very much.  I know I made the right choice 9 years ago.  We didn't do much on the actual day, but we are going out this weekend.  

Then Thursday was Thanksgiving.  I love Thanksgiving!  I don't know if it is because it is so close to my birthday or because I love all the food, but it is definitely one of my favorite holidays.  It has been my family's tradition to play soccer with friends on Thanksgiving morning.  It is always really fun and it helps burn some of the extra calories that come with the holiday.






My parents recently bought a new home.  It is still in Lincoln and really close to their old place, it is just bigger and newer.  Our family fits much better in their new place.  They hosted Thanksgiving this year.    It was delicious and I just am so thankful for my whole family, they are so awesome and I love them all so much.






For the second year now we hosted a game night at our house after Thanksgiving for any family who wanted to come. It was so hilarious and fun.  I think I may have burned more calories laughing than I did playing soccer that morning :)  

3 comments:

bren said...

I miss playing soccer at Joiner, it has been YEARS! Maybe next year. I still want to see your parents new place, that is so fun...and right near the soon to be Lincoln Stake center-perfect! Btw I wish I could've made it to your party. Rusty also felt bad that he had class that night because if not, he was going to go without me. But it looked like a ton of fun even though we weren't there :). Happy 30th- you still look young & amazing!

bren said...

P.S. That's so funny that you had Elder SPjute & McClure over. We just had dinner with them last night at my parents house. Awesome missionaries!

The Burtons said...

Happy late Birthday! Glad you had such a wonderful holiday and birthday. Excited to see you guys when we are in California for Christmas this year=)