Friday, September 23, 2011

Moving - The Details

Well our house officially closed yesterday Sept 22.  Now that everything is official I feel like I can share details.  For the past year, or so, we have been contemplating a pretty big life change.  As many of you know, Jason's dad is a 4th generation beekeeper (you can read about him in this newly published book).  I think beekeeping had always been a thought/option/idea in the back of Jason's mind, but we hadn't really considered it until Jason's dad began thinking about retiring in the next few years.  We thought hard and prayed about it, then decided it would be a good fit for our family.  Jason worked in the bees growing up and has very fond memories of his childhood.
So now it is official.  Jason will be leaving Apple at the end of January and working with his dad learning the business.  We are moving next month, so Jason will be working at Apple Mon-Wed then he will work from home Thur-Friday.
When I tell people down here about our move I get responses ranging from confusion about why we would leave a place like this, and a company like Apple, for a life of farming (the bee variety), to others who think it is the absolute coolest thing they've ever heard.  We are pretty excited.  The next year or so with be a year of big change and learning.  We will be spending our summers in North Dakota (where the honey is harvested) and the rest of the year in CA.  Soooo if anyone has ever wanted to visit ND (I know you've all been debating between Cancun or ND for your next getaway), now you know someone there!!  We also would love visitors in CA, we have a guest bedroom with clouds on the ceiling to lure you in:)  Please, please come visit!!
Now to the house.  In a (small) effort to keep my blog somewhat private, I don't want to post the pictures and address of our new house on our public blog, so they are at the following password protected link: Our New House
If you are interested in seeing the pictures, please call me, email me, or leave me your email address as a comment, and I will send you the password. Even if your a distant acquaintance don't be shy, I probably blog stalk you too!

Us in ND last summer.

22 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm not going to lie, that sounds super cool and I LOVE Auburn... it is so beautiful up there and I am jealous!! Who turns down good house pictures, count me in!! Britt2674@yahoo.com

Alicia said...

What an exciting adventure you guys are starting! I'd love to see pics. aliciahinrichs at gmail.com

Megan said...

Ginny, I have to side with the people who think it is ridiculously awesome! I am so excited for you guys and can't wait to hear more about this next year for you guys. Good luck on this new adventure.

Alyssa said...

I'm excited for you guys; What a fun adventure life is! Kind of reminds of 3years ago for us as we decided to move to Boise.

Diane said...

Holy cow what an adventure! I was wondering how that commute was going to work out. Congrats on closing on your house. And I totally want to see the pictures. diane@mladineo.com

Chris said...

i'm curious as well - christoburp@gmail.com

congrats on being home owners - I love being able to do the projects (and own the tools)

bren said...

That cloudy ceiling is luring me in for sure! Send me the password, if you will!

41st Avenue Photography said...

Hey Gin! I for sure want to see! Sent me the password. :)

Jenna said...

Wow! I would have never expected that but I have heard about a lot of people that are doing beekeeping. Good luck! My email is jenna-stephens@byu.net. Thanks! Sure miss you guys.

kj said...

Wow, I was wondering about the move and Apple. Now that question is answered. Jason you're so young to anticipate retiring in a few years. You're doing a great thing raising bees. Our land need more honey bees. We've always been partial to "Miller" Honey.

ixoj said...

SWEET! I was so hoping that was the cause for the move. Hurrah for bees!

Tia said...

I was just thinking about this yesterday as I was giving my little guy a spoonful of honey for his cough and since I support and only by Miller Honey the bottle made me wonder if you had decided. Did you buy a house in CA or ND? I'd love to see the house, I'm sooo excited for you. twia3_14 at hotmail.

Melinda said...

Hi! Sounds so exciting, but I'm confused where in Cali you will be living in the winters. I'm assuming this is where you bought a home? Closer to his family then?

Anyway, we'd love to come visit in both places as soon as we can find a second! Please send the password. Facebook or whatever. :)

Lori said...

I think that is truly fabulous news. Super congrats to you all! I'd love to see the pics, loriburkman@gmail.com

Kristen S said...

Wow, that sounds so cool! So neat that your husband will be carrying on the beekeeping tradition. I would love to see the pics of your new house, congrats on becoming home owners! kshumway13@yahoo.com

darcie said...

I CAN'T BELIEVE MAX IS 1!!!! also, i'd love to see your house. where is it btw?

darcie said...

oops. darciesanders@gmail.com

Littleton Young Womens said...

So excited for all your upcoming changes and thrilled you will be in Auburn and I will be seeing you now for the rest of our lives! Good luck with the move, I wish I was there to help you pic out paint colors and furniture! I am available by phone :) Love you!
oh and send me the password, I want to see again!
kellygraceevers@gmail.com

k said...

Ginny your blog is adorable! Ok I'll take your word for it that you won't think I'm a creeper -- can you send the password to my email address: k4adoption@yahoo.com
For what it's worth, I think it's totally awesome that you're going to be bee keepers. Amy talked about you and the bees and how cool she thought it was! I'm excited for your new life step!

Ryan and Ashley said...

Congrats on your new house Ginny and the new honey adventure! i want to see pics ashleymichelle7@hotmail.com

Jana said...

I would love to do that. I totally understand why you would do that, it sounds like a great family decision. How fun! Auburn is beautiful too, wow, what a great new adventure.

Derek and Emily said...

I'd love to see pictures of your new house!

mrs.mac29@gmail.com

Thanks!