Sunday, August 23, 2009

Jason's Birthday Weekend

We had a relaxing and fun weekend as just our little family, celebrating Jason's birthday. On Friday Ollie and I picked Jason up a little early from work and we headed to the Infineon Raceway in Sonoma. The Indy Grand Prix was being held there this weekend and Jason wanted to check it out. The main event was on Sunday, but we still got to see some fun stuff. We stayed in Santa Rosa and on Saturday we headed to Bodega Bay. We played on the beach for a little while, but it was COLD. Ollie isn't use to cold beaches and at first he wouldn't stand on the cold sand, it was really funny to watch him (he is use to our nice Santa Cruz beaches...spoiled kid). Eventually he toughened up and had a lot of fun running around. At this point our camera broke :(, BUT Jason fixed it :), BUT not until that night so we don't have anymore pics from the day :(. We spent most the rest of our day in Petaluma. We walked around the cute downtown, ate lunch, visited the farmers market, Jason dropped me off at the outlets for some baby free shopping (such a treat) etc. It was a fun day. Sunday we slept in (even Ollie a little) then headed home so we could make it to church. Here are some pics from the last couple weeks and our weekend.

Last weekend we went on a bike ride and Ollie fell asleep. He was so out and we didn't want to risk waking him up by transferring, so we kept him in his seat and set it in his room, helmet and all. He stayed asleep for about 30 mins.
This kid is entertained by the funniest things. He played with this box for a long time last week. Jason and I just sat and watched, it was hilarious. The funniest part is the last 10 seconds.
Here is another video of Ollie, here he is cooking one of his shoes for dinner.
Auntie Letty came to visit us since she is leaving for college soon, :) for her, :( for us. While she was here we went and saw my friend Carlie's dad's tortoises. This one is only a few weeks old, it was SOOO cute!
This is Al, he is almost my age, crazy huh. I guess they live to be well over 100.

Carlie watches Ollie when I work and she took this picture of him on Gus. These tortoises are seriously so cool.
Ollie at the raceway. It was REALLY hot that day (we have been spoiled in the bay area). His poor little face was so red and dirty from all the dust.
Jason and Ollie, check out the cars "drifting" in the background.
Jason and Ollie watching.
Ollie sitting in one of the cars.
We kind of wanted to get to the race ASAP on Friday so we didn't get gas along the way. So leaving the raceway, we had 8 miles until empty and the gas station was 7.2 miles away. We also hit a little traffic, plus we went up a hill, so when we filled up we put in 18.2 gallons and the flex has an 18.5 gallon tank! Needless to say I was a little stressed. Speaking of cars, Jason's main birthday present was an amp and subwoofer for the Flex. He is excited to do the wiring and install of everything, I am excited to get a little bump in my trunk. So those of you who live near us, if you hear someone "bumping" through the neighborhood, it is me. I have already compiled a playlist solely for this purpose :)
Ollie and Daddy at the beach.
Ollie and Mommy
Token family picture at the beach.
Such a cutie pie.
Running to dad.
Yoga at the beach. I swear he makes me want to actually start doing yoga.
Little footprints.


10 comments:

Roger, Christy, Katie and Sophie said...

That's the part of the world where i'm from. We would go to that beach it seemed like every weekend. It is definatly COLD! I'm glad you had fun! I sure do like it there.

bren said...

I didn't realize that Rusty and Jason have the same birthday weekend. I also just realized that I am a horrible wife because Rusty's birthday was so LAME compared to the birthday you gave Jason! haha I loved that video of Ollie bouncing off the box! And it didn't even phase him. Can't wait to see you hopefully soon.

Megan said...

What a fun weekend! I think you should add some Dr. Dre to your bumpin' playlist. hahaha. Nelly works great too. I love the beach pictures, especially the one with Ollie leaving his cite little feet prints in the sand. Happy Birthday, Jason!

Des said...

hahaha! i love the sleeping ones. helmet and all?! and the beach is awesome. It looks cold :( isn't summer! haha. Happy birthday to Jason!

Shelley Brown said...

That first you tube video was so funny! I loved it! Did I tell you I am going to start teaching clinic at UCDH? I am going to start this Wed. so we'll see how it goes:)

Melinda said...

haha I think it is so funny you are going to be bumpin around! Ollie is so cute I can't help but think of those pictures when I do that move in yoga!

Osborne Family said...

That video of Oliver on the box was so funny... I fully laughed out loud at that one! What a cute little guy.

Jessica Martiele said...

Seriously, every single time I see this kid on your blog, I'm laughing! You guys get the greatest pictures - and video! - ever!!!

~Ashley Dawn Photography~ said...

ok fun! I wish we went to the beach more....


IT WAS FUN SEEING YOU LAST NIGHT!!


Lets make a get together sometime! I think that would be fun!

Unknown said...

Merry Christmas. What an adorable blog and family. Thank you for the card, I love getting to know Laynes family.
Best Wishes
Karrie and Layne Miller