Sunday, April 15, 2007

Tandem Bike

Once or twice a year Jason and I rent a tandem bike for the day. It is really fun. We have a nice trail here that runs along the Provo River so Friday we rode the bike about 20 miles on the trail. We usually rent the bike for 24 hours so we took it out again Saturday morning but our ride was much shorter since we were both pretty sore.

Now for a quick update on our lives: I finished my finals on Wednesday so I am REALLY enjoying my two week break between trimesters. I have been able to read a lot (books that aren't textbooks) which has been really great for me since it has been awhile since I have been able to read a book of my choice. I am currently readying Twilight by Stephanie Meyer which I am LOVING, I am half way through the 500 page book and it has been less than 24 hours. Jason is gearing up for finals, they start at the end of this week. Hopefully he can get one done this weekend so he only has one test left for next week. We leave next Wed for Portland for 5 days which I am totally stoked about. Then our sad goodbye, lets not talk about it.
Jason and I on the bike.
This tree branch fell seriously like 2 seconds after we came out of the tunnel, we heard it crack and when we looked back it had fallen. I told Jason there is a good reason I make us wear helmets!!
It has been such nice weather we just love getting out!
Ok this picture is for my Dad. On Sunday we had the Keele's over for dinner. Jenny plays for the BYU womens basketball team and Eddie played BYU football. My Dad is a big BYU fan, and this picture is funny cause I am sooooo short next to them!

8 comments:

Meriel Frandsen said...

I am in the middle of New Moon, and I seriously am dying!!! It is so good and addicting!! Love the bike too! Bart and I just got our own cruisers and we love them!

Stacie said...

I love Twilight!! It is such a good book. I read the second one too and I am anxiously awaiting the third one due this summer. That looks so fun on those tandem bikes. I have always wanted to ride one of those things. Maybe I missed something, but why are you going to Portland??

KaLee said...

I also read Twilight this weekend. We were visiting Ronnie's fam and I didnt talk to ANYONE for four hours until I was done. I originally bought it thinking that it would be a great read for the trip home, then read the first few chapters and couldn't put it down!

Hoyts Happenings: said...

Ginny, it's malia. Can you e-mail me your address?

lolowahina@hotmail.com
thanks!

Zane and Lexi said...

so is everyone reading twilight or what!??

Lance and Becky said...

I love the bike! I've always wanted to do that, it looks like you guys had so much fun!

Holbrook's Blog said...

Hey Ginny,

Thanks for letting me visit when we were down. We will be moving in a week, so you can join in the dance revelution. Oh yeah !

Anonymous said...

Hi, this is so super weird but I googled tandem bike rentals in Provo and your blog came up. I can't find anywhere that rents them, so I checked your blog and you wrote that you've rented one before. Can you tell me where? My email address is kelseybehrend@hotmail.com. I'm so so so sorry to bother you. I hope you don't think it's creepy that I read your blog. Thanks again, Kelsey Behrend